thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingz

Apr 11, 2009
hi guys.. going to thailand tml morning.. any advise for places to visit and taking photography? :)

which part of thailand?

bangkok basically :)

bangkok basically :)

What do you like to shoot?

There's always the usual grand palace and the surrounding areas.....

take the public boat ride on the Chao Phraya....... it cost something like 20 baht (correct me) one way to any stop, just jump off where you feel its interesting

Do the China town, Siam Square if you love street photography

If you like to shoot a market, try Pak Khlong Talaat, the flower market, it runs almost 24 hours.... go there early in the morning. There's always chatucak or JJ.

It's also very nice to do some street photography.

All the hawkers and stalls set up on the pavements make for good photo opportunities.

ayutthaya? i am going there in sept. :)

and maybe u want to go vertigo (at banyan tree) for some drinks or meal (costly), the restaurant is on the top of the hotel (60+ storey high), full open air roof top. Breath taking night scenary. :)

vertigo.jpg

Pic not taken by me, taken from banyan tree website.

Last edited:
In BKK, you may go to the Wat Prat Kaew... (Thai Royal Temple....)
Around this temple, you can shoot street photography.... (many hawkers, some rivers, ......)

Or, You may want to go to Ayuthaya..... it is about less than 2 hours journey from Bangkok.... I like there, this place is not so crowded.....

Well since it is about Bangkok thus could anyone enlighten me... How much it cost to take taxi from the new airport to downtown? Thanks

Well since it is about Bangkok thus could anyone enlighten me... How much it cost to take taxi from the new airport to downtown? Thanks

If you mean Suvarnabhumi Airport, it might cost you 200+ baht.

Well it depends, if u going to sukhumvit area it is costing u around 200baht, if u wana go by toll way that should add u 2 toll fee of 70 baht, and also u pay extra 50 bat for the taxi u take from the basement which u take a ticket. But if u dare and just go up 2 levels to the departure hall there are also lotsof taxi wo trying their luck as they just alight the passenger, for those u save the 50 baht extra. Anyway jst make sure u tell the driver to ON the meter.

Cheers

EF

If you mean Suvarnabhumi Airport, it might cost you 200+ baht.

Well it depends, if u going to sukhumvit area it is costing u around 200baht, if u wana go by toll way that should add u 2 toll fee of 70 baht, and also u pay extra 50 bat for the taxi u take from the basement which u take a ticket. But if u dare and just go up 2 levels to the departure hall there are also lotsof taxi wo trying their luck as they just alight the passenger, for those u save the 50 baht extra. Anyway jst make sure u tell the driver to ON the meter.

Cheers

EF

Thanks for the useful info and tips

It will be around 300B after adding the expressway charges, and as mentioned, the 50baht surcharge from the airport.

Again, as mentioned, you can take taxi from the departure hall, and save that 50B. I recommended that only if you have little luggage. That way, you can hop onto the taxi within seconds. That's what I always do. LOL! Well, I'm based in Bkk, so I'm more familiar.
;)

Otherwise, if 50B is nothing to you, Q up @ the arrival hall will be more advisable, for visitors.

I recomend going to Wat Arun to photograph. It is extremely challenging to get a good shot there yet very rewarding.

It will be around 300B after adding the expressway charges, and as mentioned, the 50baht surcharge from the airport.

Again, as mentioned, you can take taxi from the departure hall, and save that 50B. I recommended that only if you have little luggage. That way, you can hop onto the taxi within seconds. That's what I always do. LOL! Well, I'm based in Bkk, so I'm more familiar.
;)

Otherwise, if 50B is nothing to you, Q up @ the arrival hall will be more advisable, for visitors.

Thanks
I like landscape / building, historical, landmark, representative type of buildings... Any good suggestion for places to take photo, for a short morning (3 hours) and another short afternoon (3 hours)?

Thanks
I like landscape / building, historical, landmark, representative type of buildings... Any good suggestion for places to take photo, for a short morning (3 hours) and another short afternoon (3 hours)?

The usual Grand Palace could be a start..... the only thing it gets very crowded as the day goes by and don't believe if somebody told you it is closed, make sure you go in and check them yourself.

With the Grand Palace ticket you will also get entrance to Vimanmek Palace, a much quiter place and a few historical building in the compound.

Hua Lamphong, the train station..... and maybe you can also put in a Chinatown walkabout with it.

The usual Grand Palace could be a start..... the only thing it gets very crowded as the day goes by and don't believe if somebody told you it is closed, make sure you go in and check them yourself.

With the Grand Palace ticket you will also get entrance to Vimanmek Palace, a much quiter place and a few historical building in the compound.

Hua Lamphong, the train station..... and maybe you can also put in a Chinatown walkabout with it.

Great info, thanks :)

;)

Thanks...

Just wonder, is there other means to travel to city area?

I've check the airport website, it stated there is a rail / MRT line link to the airport? But the website seems not clear, as it said the expected complete date is October 2008, but not mentioned whether it has completed..

Just wonder, is there other means to travel to city area?

I've check the airport website, it stated there is a rail / MRT line link to the airport? But the website seems not clear, as it said the expected complete date is October 2008, but not mentioned whether it has completed..

Guess I found my own answer... unless I really need to save the 200 baht... Taxi is the best way.. According to internet source, Airport bus is around 150 baht, and public bus is around 33 baht, both with a lot more hassle

Guess I found my own answer... unless I really need to save the 200 baht... Taxi is the best way.. According to internet source, Airport bus is around 150 baht, and public bus is around 33 baht, both with a lot more hassle

if your hotel is within the airport bus route, why not? :)

Thanks

here's my rough itinerary for my sept trip. I am going 6D5N. Not my first time but this time round less shopping and more sight seeing + photography for me.

Places i am going:
Wat pho and Grand palace in the mid afternoon, then across to wat arun (read that sunset time is the best time for wat arun)
Ayutthaya (1 day trip)
Chinatown & Khao san (1 morning + afternoon)
Pattaya (1 day trip, pending)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.