Thailand - Sunflowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zen4859

May 22, 2007
Hi, took this snapshot in thailand Loripuri - Sun Flowers Field

Arrived there in the morning.. good sunshine..
Beautiful valley with so many sunflowers and color is brilliant...
As most of the sunflowers are tall.. taller then myself..
managed to find a scaldfolding, climbed onto it and waited and waited
for two ladies to coming into view before this snapshort taken..esle
thinking taking only sunflowers. !!! something is missing..

Serious and Honest feedback welcome..:angel:

Camera model C730UZ
Resolution 640 x 480
Flash Yes
Focal length 5.9mm
Exposure time 0.001 s (10/10000)
Aperture f/4.5
ISO equivalent 90
Metering Mode matrix
Exposure program (auto)

thai022hs5.jpg

beautiful. i can tell that a lot of planning and effort has been taken to shoot this photo. i also like the fact that you didn't over do the editing part.

tks zac03,

i managed to climb onto a scaldfolding and not being able to move about to take this snapshot..
and it being a bright morning.. and waiting for these two ladies to come into view..

rgds - zen4859

tks zac03,

i managed to climb onto a scaldfolding and not being able to move about to take this snapshot..
and it being a bright morning.. and waiting for these two ladies to come into view..

rgds - zen4859

Hi

I am new to photography and was wondering why you would need a flash even though it was a bright morning?

Hi

I am new to photography and was wondering why you would need a flash even though it was a bright morning?

yes... that was my mistake.. coz my camera was set flash on..
did not re-set it back..
:bsmilie:

the 2 girls don't quite do it for me, but the sea of yellow is beautiful. :thumbsup:

suggest cutting out at least 1/2 the sky in the back, and adjust the curves to bring out the greens and yellow a little more!!

the 2 girls don't quite do it for me, but the sea of yellow is beautiful. :thumbsup:

suggest cutting out at least 1/2 the sky in the back, and adjust the curves to bring out the greens and yellow a little more!!

tks for your comments..
actually my intentions to include 2 girls is that i can show a comparison on the
height/size of the sunflowers.. coz without them.. i got nothing to show.. only
a sea of yellow..

composition dont work for me.

rather bland and static sky and flower field and the gals does nothing to animate it: can't see face, no interesting expressions or postures, and their colours are not contrasty ennough. For example a tall slim girl in red walking away down a row will provide a whole world of contrasts in colours and forms and excitement.

Of course as a candid shot, there is nothing much you can with the gals, except wait for a better moment, which may never come.

the blues and yellows can be saturated but that will not make the picture any more exciting.

technically, the curvature is distracting - something easily corrected.

as to the flash, it does not seem to do any harm, but does not seem nec in this case.

using a flash is ok as filled even in the brightest of daylight if it is used as fill-in to reveal important details in the shadows.

I took the liberty to help you in this. If you don't like it, let me know, I'll remove it. :)

thai022hs5.jpg

I took the liberty to help you in this. If you don't like it, let me know, I'll remove it. :)

thai022hs5.jpg

hi eyes..

tks... i like this better than the original one i posted.
anyway i not familiar good with any photoshop or software for making the photo much better.. just learning.. please give more comment.. if any..

rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.