Thailand - Phuket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plan to visit Phuket in 2 weeks later (1st time).
Is it safe to bring our dslr there?

i dont see why.. but ofcos dont leave it unattended.. i guess u also need to be as careful when in spore ... already so many cases in spore got ppl steal dslr.. some even rob

What about Phuket Fantasea? Is it suitable for children below 8 years? From the reviews that I have read, it seems like a lame show and there isn't much scenic to take photographs too. :(

It is suitable for any age, just came back from there, not much things to shoot tough. The buffet is great. The show is so-so only, some more need to surrender camera during the show.

4720_102169133648_605263648_1971284_1274543_n.jpg

Plan to visit Phuket in 2 weeks later (1st time).
Is it safe to bring our dslr there?

Why not? I brought my D3 there when I was there 2 weeks ago, but nothing much for me to shoot...

The show is so-so only, some more need to surrender camera during the show.

Got to surrender my precious? Oh no ... then I will probably give this a miss. Thanks for the info.

i find that phuket is quite safe leh (apart from Patong, as it's too highly commercialized)...i remember a few years back, I left my PNS camera in a cafe at Karon Beach and the waitress came running after me with it....

i think the thai are much nicer ppl also.. ofcos due to the economic state, there will be crime from desperation.. so just becareful as u always shld.

Was there recently. One of the photos that I have of the Phuket. This was taken from Yanui Beach. Access to Yanui Beach is by rented car/bike only. Located about an hour south of Patong beach.

Yanui-Beach-CS.jpg

From,
Diveraz

Just came back yesterday! Phuket has many many beautiful beaches... I think Maya bay is beautiful.. and if u have time, go for kayaking, and u get an opportunity to travel into beautiful caves...:) We went there for 4days 3 nights.. beautiful place, but i think price wise, shopping is much more expensive than Singapore...

I didnt bring my DSLR coz I dun have underwater casing, but instead brought my compact for the kayaking and snorkelling trips... I think if u have DSLR with underwater casing, pls bring it along!! Its great to have it. i regret not having underwater casing for my DSLR...

try this beach called Ngai Han beach(not sure of spelling), its really nice,and if u take a hike upwards u can see very very ncie sunset...:)

DSC_0781.jpg

Shot with no editing..

i think cheaper when u reach there.. where competition and bargaining will cut dn the prices..

cheaper when u book there for sure!

hi guys,

any idea wat's is the price range for 1 Day phi phi island tour??:)

hi guys,

take the online prices and minus 20-30% off.. that shld be the px..

anyway its a cartel there... shop to shop will quote u almost the same.. u might bargain a bit off but it seems now they are heavily price fixing it..

if u hv more then 5 or 7 ppl.. worth looking to pay more and book urself the whole boat.. then no need share and more relaxing.

take the online prices and minus 20-30% off.. that shld be the px..

anyway its a cartel there... shop to shop will quote u almost the same.. u might bargain a bit off but it seems now they are heavily price fixing it..

if u hv more then 5 or 7 ppl.. worth looking to pay more and book urself the whole boat.. then no need share and more relaxing.
Tks for the info

hi guys,

I was quoted 1,800 Baht per person at the airport but didn't took up the package.
My friend told me could get at 2,000 Baht for two when you are on site.

Thanks to the various recommendation, my family and I had a great time in Phuket last week. It's definitely cheaper to book the local tours as you can negotiate. :)

My kids especially enjoyed Khai Nok Island where the fishes swim ashore to be fed.

IMG_0691.jpg

You can also snorkel just around the shore. Below is a shot taken during snorkeling.

IMG_0726.jpg

Other than island hopping, we also went for the Island Safari where we had elephant riding, ox-cart riding. Besides the rides, we also had monkey, elephant, thai-boxing shows and also some demonstration on padi growing, rubber tree tapping, etc. It was overall quite an educational tour for my children. Below is a picture of the "elephant massage" taken during the show.

phuket09_0235.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.