Thai Lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestan

Aug 16, 2004
Singapore
Hi people,

Want to know where can take Thai lessons in SG, short of flying to Thailand.

Thanks...

Try your local community center,pasir ris here I saw have such courses.

Your obj for learning is to speak the lang, read and write or both. A good language audio book is a good ideal to begin. However practice made perfect. I've studied the language for over one year in S'pore jus to find out that no one understand me when in Thailand :confused:

When walking from cityhall mrt to Adelphi (opp funan), look to your rite across the road (Penin). There is a big banner there advertising foreign language courses.

kenele said:
Your obj for learning is to speak the lang, read and write or both. A good language audio book is a good ideal to begin. However practice made perfect. I've studied the language for over one year in S'pore jus to find out that no one understand me when in Thailand :confused:

I have a book with CD, Thai for Beginners, and while is good, is limited. I've learnt from there and while in Thailand recently, people could understand me. Would like to be able to read the script. That's why want to attend lessons.

Ah_Seng said:
When walking from cityhall mrt to Adelphi (opp funan), look to your rite across the road (Penin). There is a big banner there advertising foreign language courses.
Oh.. ok. Thanks. Will keep a lookout...

Writing the script itself is VERY difficult, learning how to write/speak the characters is one thing, understanding it is another. Practice! In the mean while, I'll just stick to learning how to speak it. :p

NUS has a evening course on Thai, I think it is abt 1+ year, after finish, u should be able to talk and read and write in Thai.

Astin said:
NUS has a evening course on Thai, I think it is abt 1+ year, after finish, u should be able to talk and read and write in Thai.
That's quite cool... Do u have any details?

Astin said:
http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/cls/lang_th2.htm

Good luck to u. I know very basic Thai, and I want to improve and upgrade also. Everytime when I want to sign up the NUS course, I then think about it, whether I can commit myself and finish the whole course or not.

Sometime ago, I committed myself to go for a 2-year ITE course in Automotive Technology, and I finished it. I think I can do this. Wanna sign up together?

i still remember the first Thai word I learnt was "pieng". ;p if i'm not wrong it means "expensive". :bsmilie:

Mine was "khup kun karp"... Taught to me by a friend whom I got to know in Thailand...

Extremely wonderful people...:thumbsup:

Pai Say to OT on your thread James...;p

Drudkh said:
i still remember the first Thai word I learnt was "pieng". ;p if i'm not wrong it means "expensive". :bsmilie:

I think horng-naam more useful. Means toilet...:sweatsm:

jamestan said:
I think horng-naam more useful. Means toilet...:sweatsm:
If u reverse it, naam-horng means perfume, haha, the Thai language teacher will tell u this as a joke.

Thanks to all. I'm taking private lessons. Anyone wants details can PM. me. Closing this thread as purpose fulfilled.

Khorp khoon Maak Krap..

Status
Not open for further replies.