Thai Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Anyone has any experience with this airline? It is cheaper than SQ but need to transit at Bangkok to go Japan. Is the service good and most importantly is it safe?

service i dono, but since it is around, safety should not be one think you worry so much... if its not safety i doubt the company will survive as most will not take them. :bsmilie:

Their services are pretty decent.
I think it's comparable to Singapore Airlines. Though i think most airlines have pretty similar services standards....

Anyone has any experience with this airline? It is cheaper than SQ but need to transit at Bangkok to go Japan. Is the service good and most importantly is it safe?

no tv. my colleague just took the same flt to tokyo for music fest.

Thai Airways is good ! as for safety wise u need to pray liao. Nothing is certainly safe.

besides the stopover in bangkok, the flight is pretty decent. food wise I find theirs a tad better than other airlines, seats are of standard fare, slightly better on the japan portion. Prepare your own entertainment and pray that you dont get some idiotic a**hole sitting beside you. I had a lady play her cantonese dvd loudly and peeling lychees on the way back from bangkok.

when are you heading over?

I concur, good service from Thai Airways. Most of the stewardess/steward speaks Japanese as 90% of the passengers from Thailand to Japan were made up of Japanese working or having a holiday in Thailand.

I took Thai Airways to Kansai Airport, Japan.

HTH.

Took Thai Airways to Fukuoka before, the flight was quite okay, but had a long transit wait at the old Bangkok airport. Food wise was quite okay too, but lack of entertainment for a relative long flight. The airfare is cheaper than most, but these days prefer to take ANA when they have special promotions.

to be honest i prefer Thai Airways to SIA when it comes to airfares. Athought their planes are not as new as SIA but good enough for a safe comfortable trip :thumbsup:

i dun see the need for first class airline unless the flight is a crazy long one.

For economy, I prefer Thai airways. They offer more leg room and the service is just as good as SIA. On flights to europe the entertainment is just the same as SIA. It is just the flight from SG to BKK that has no entertainment. I can live with that.:thumbsup: The economy seats are all right.

For Business class, I prefer SIA. Just because of the bad seats of Thai. In Business there are so hard. I feel like I am sleeping on a wooden plank. Terrible. My body hurts when arrive at the destination. I upgraded once to first and it is no better. Their seats really suck 8 :sticktong For the rest the service is good. :thumbsup:

Transiting in Bangkok is not too bad once you learn where are the enterntainment of the place. The organisation of their aiport is not as good as changi but still ok.

reach swiss, no problem ;)

thai airway is nice. you can definately choose it without much hesitation. i think malaysia airlines also the same.

I concur, good service from Thai Airways. Most of the stewardess/steward speaks Japanese as 90% of the passengers from Thailand to Japan were made up of Japanese working or having a holiday in Thailand.

I took Thai Airways to Kansai Airport, Japan.

HTH.

Planning to take to Kansai Airport too. How much did you pay?

besides the stopover in bangkok, the flight is pretty decent. food wise I find theirs a tad better than other airlines, seats are of standard fare, slightly better on the japan portion. Prepare your own entertainment and pray that you dont get some idiotic a**hole sitting beside you. I had a lady play her cantonese dvd loudly and peeling lychees on the way back from bangkok.

when are you heading over?

Should be nov-dec period. :)

Travelling around Asia...if I am not booking SIA, Thai Airline is my next best choices. And like someone else here mentioned they are as good as SIA. Service and the crew are up to par. Thai Airline is not the cheapest and compares to SIA their airface is also pretty much on the high side but it is worth it. MAS is a close second.

Seems like Thai Airways has pretty good reviews. A pity the flight time is longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.