TFP model for maternity fashion shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

waileong

Deregistered
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
Would like a female model to do a maternity clothes shoot on a time-for-print basis. This is to launch a new line of maternity clothes.

No, you don't have to be pregnant, but you need a "pan-Asian" look.

Please PM if interested, and we can work something out.

Wai Leong
===

Please take note that TFP = time for prints. A model volunteers her time for prints from a photographer. Usually to build up her portfolio or to try out a style a photographer has in mind. This is a purely non-commercial transaction.

In your case, the pictures will be used to sell a line of maternity clothes. The model can still do it for free but it will not be called a TFP. ;) Maybe you can call it volunteery modelling. Perhaps include the model's name as a credit and allow them to use the pictures in their portfolio as goodwill.

Just thought I'd point this out. :D

waileong said:
Would like a female model to do a maternity clothes shoot on a time-for-print basis. This is to launch a new line of maternity clothes.

===

This shoot is to launch a line of maternity clothes, as such it is a commercial shoot. Personally I'll pay the model even if it means a token sum. When someone make money from something, they should pay those who help them make money. This is also to protact the client and photographer as even if $1/- is paid, it is considered payment recived for a job done as long as they sign on the dotted line.

I know from a photographer friend of my that his CLIENT got a free 'model'/friend to do a shoot ( forgot if it was a model or a friend ). A model release was signed stating it is a tfp job. Later the 'model'/friend claim that she was not aware that the shoot was to be used for so many things and those pictures that were used for commercial purpose but which she did not have a copy, she did not give her consent ( the client claim that they have given her every shot that was taken ). In the end, they did a reshoot with a paid model. All the materials that were done with the 'model'/friend were thrown away.

This reply is not to put any model down. For the record, I've worked with models who are willing to be paid a token sum so long as they get some prints from the shoot and I thank them for it. These are models whom I'll consider first when a full paying job comes along.

Just be careful about these things. Shooting for fun/hobby/interest is diff. when there is commercial interest attached to it.

yqt said:
This shoot is to launch a line of maternity clothes, as such it is a commercial shoot. Personally I'll pay the model even if it means a token sum. When someone make money from something, they should pay those who help them make money. This is also to protact the client and photographer as even if $1/- is paid, it is considered payment recived for a job done as long as they sign on the dotted line.

I know from a photographer friend of my that his CLIENT got a free 'model'/friend to do a shoot ( forgot if it was a model or a friend ). A model release was signed stating it is a tfp job. Later the 'model'/friend claim that she was not aware that the shoot was to be used for so many things and those pictures that were used for commercial purpose but which she did not have a copy, she did not give her consent ( the client claim that they have given her every shot that was taken ). In the end, they did a reshoot with a paid model. All the materials that were done with the 'model'/friend were thrown away.

This reply is not to put any model down. For the record, I've worked with models who are willing to be paid a token sum so long as they get some prints from the shoot and I thank them for it. These are models whom I'll consider first when a full paying job comes along.

Just be careful about these things. Shooting for fun/hobby/interest is diff. when there is commercial interest attached to it.

i agreed with the above. penny wise and pounds foolish?

Status
Not open for further replies.