TFCD Wolf For Hire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so inspired and thought of getting a 1D mk IV to capture such scene, particularly animal action ! Looks like I've got to look for model instead. That's the reality, he's not the first and last. Many photographers have gone to such extend to clinch the award winning pics. So it's not the photographer, nor is it the equipment but the model makes it happen.:bsmilie:

I was so inspired and thought of getting a 1D mk IV to capture such scene, particularly animal action ! Looks like I've got to look for model instead. That's the reality, he's not the first and last. Many photographers have gone to such extend to clinch the award winning pics. So it's not the photographer, nor is it the equipment but the model makes it happen.:bsmilie:
Many wildlife documentaries in actual fact used tamed animals for shots of unbelievable sequences.

Some of these carnivore animals are even trained to fake a hunting scene before allowing the prey (which is also trained) to escape off scene.

[vid]xMZlr5Gf9yY[/vid]

This infamous sequence of supposedly suicidal lemmings leaping off the cliff in the 1958 Walt Disney nature documentary "White Wilderness" was actually scripted with the lemmings being shoved and spun off a platform forcibly to their death by the production crews instead.

Last edited:
now, if only we could enforce the usual clause that

"photograph that has won something before cannot be used again" (or words to that extent)

i see the same photographs winning different competitions sometimes, the clause is there, but nothing happens.
either no one reported the fact or the organisers just dont care which means most likely the photo contest is merely another publicity gimmick or a cheap way for stock studios to get their hands on vast amounts of photos cheap.

its like entering a lucky draw and winning a free massage but later get calls from insurance, property and then wondering how the heck they got his number.

I havent enter a wildlife contest before but is "directing" a wild animal to get the shot either by using food, adjusting the environment or even fooling it considered the means to the end result?

Last edited:
To make sure that no one flout the competition rules and regulation, the committee or the organiser must be alert and prudent in keeping every submission especially the prize winner's work must be original.
There has been few cases of disqualification of photo salon winners in some photo-competition after judging, but there also exist some pre-arranged winner of certain photo-competition.

As a matter of fact, in this forum, not too long ago, as I'd read, there were two cases of fraud being exposed by fellow club snappers. One were downloading other pro wedding photogs' pic and post on his own website, the other was one using other's pic and claim as his.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.