TFCD 'usual' practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwine

Jan 20, 2008
Hi,

While i understand anyone may strike a different deal with the model,
But like to know what is the 'usual' practices for a photographer when you engage a model under TFCD ?

eg.
1. CD with all original pix taken.
2. CD with all high resolution pix with photographer signature.
3. Only selected pix in high resolution.
4. Only selected pix in high resolution with photographer signature.

There's no hard rules, it depends on the agreement between the photog and tfcd model. Here's the little I know:
1. Up to you & agreement(I know a photographer who give only 1 pic in return for 3-6hrs shoot). Some just post norm sized to their portfolio for the mods to save.
2. Up to you & agreement but that's the usual courtesy. But you may give only the nice ones + low resolution (I know some did)
3. Up to your agreement
4. Up to your agreement

MUA etc cant be shared, but I usually pay esp if they're intl models wanting a tfcd with you.

Last edited:
Up to you...

personally, I'll choose only those which can make it... and since it's TFCD, I give them both high res and low res.

thanks for all the inputs,
at least i have some idea to start with.

hmm for me, I'll give the models all the photos that were filtered out by me with the following:

1) Processed
2) Unsigned
3) Resized to 1024 resolution (Full Resolution if the model requests)

n dun forget o chio some Csers(eg. like myself) for e shoot. *hint hint!;)

i can hold reflector u know.....:bsmilie::bsmilie:

err....maybe i should tack along with you first,
i also can hold reflector :bsmilie:

Usually for those shoot that I did with no payment received (including TFCD), I only give the processed jpg in original size (selected). I always keep the RAW file, and if they want it, they have to pay me.

Usually for those shoot that I did with no payment received (including TFCD), I only give the processed jpg in original size (selected). I always keep the RAW file, and if they want it, they have to pay me.

You mean, got people give the RAW files to the tfcd models one ah?

I only give selected pics and only in 1.5MP :) Good enough to print 5R.

Don't understand why people give ALL pics and in RAW some more...weird.

Watermark depends. Full size takes up space and is unwieldy. Do the models realyl require 12MP worth of photos? They want to print posters?

dont think most models would require full resolution pics. but if on request, i'm fine with giving the photos.
but given all the images and raw files are a nono.
imo, it will show that the photographer has no respect for the shoot, as he is not taking the effort to filter for the best photos and to process any flaws if there are.

I am having my first TFCD shoot upcoming soon. Is there a minimum amount of photos I should be giving the model?

I'm thinking 5 - 10 processed images & resized to 1024. sounds reasonable?

so no hard & fast rules? thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.