TFCD - Tokyo Drift Style shoot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

unseen

Dec 14, 2004
NTU and Wdls
Well, I've planned this originally to be a 2 car 3 model 2 photographer thing, but suddenly I've access to a lot more resources and I'm going to make full use of it. Current plan is 5 to 6 cars, 5 - 6 models. LOL I'm sorta stuck at 2 photographers though.. Looking to buff it up to 3 - 4 photographers.

Date/Time: somewhere in mid to end August, a weekend, timing (TBC) Will be longer than a 2 or 3 hour affair, I think.
Place: TBC
Cost: price of getting to the location + possibly a MUA

Looking for
1) some photographers (I'd wanna see your portfolio, esp if i've not worked/gone out with you b4/worked..), not a first come first serve thing.
2) a couple of MUAs interested in TFCD
3) some assistants
4) Any form of assistance (transport?)

Quick Facts
1) You don't need to know who the models are. I'd rather the photographer focus on the concept, not just another "look at young pretty girls" guy.
2) I believe free is good, but this time round I think I'll be getting a MUA (Unless someone steps up). Also, since it's gonna be a big and long thing (a few hours I forsee) I will get drinks and some food maybe. Cost, if any to be split.
3) I am setting the ratio at most to 1:1, nothing more. (I can't stand it when i have alot of other cameras disturbing me + my set.)
4) the shoot is going ahead regardless.

Pls PM me with your Name, your HP, and your portfolio if any. For friends, you know how to get me. If I don't invite you for this shoot, perhaps my next.
There's no need to start a list. Hard for me to get to listees.

P.S. Please don't compare me with model shoot organisers. I'm doing this purely because I am interested in the shoot, and I've got extra spaces to share. Mine is going to end up just another photoshoot + talk **** session, may be a tad unorganised. End target for me is to get the photos/images I'm after.

Beware of the hidden cost..
TFCD - you will need to burn CDs for
5 or 6 x models
5 or 6 x car owners

Because I promised to to provide photos in exchange for their time, I need to make sure at least the photos are of reasonable quality. After all, this is not going to be the only shoot I'm doing..

I'm not looking for any specific type of images, that will be up to the photographer. I'll be shooting my own images, and you yours. You don't need to give me a copy of your photos, but you will need to give to about 10 other people whom I've gotten. The photos at least has to be ok to them.

unseen said:
Beware of the hidden cost..
TFCD - you will need to burn CDs for
5 or 6 x models
5 or 6 x car owners

Because I promised to to provide photos in exchange for their time, I need to make sure at least the photos are of reasonable quality. After all, this is not going to be the only shoot I'm doing..
TFCD need to pay models one meh?:dunno:

I tot he meant to give CDs to the model, thats what the term TFCD mean right?

Sounds really interesting to me too! But no portfolio to show, cause still newbie..dun mind helping out as assistance, and hope to have a few shots oso..:think:

Count me in... need to put up back my gallery though :embrass:

LOL yeah.. cost of the CDs..
*sweat* I've ever held a TFCD, end up a photog say no $$ buy CDR, so msned me 200+mb of photos for me to burn for him.

Anyway because I've to answer to others, i need to see some shots.. if you want to come as an assistant, sure thing.. but on the condition that while the main photogs are shooting, you're not going to pop out your camera and shoot.. it'll be most disturbing.. the photogs will be/have to take charge of their set, as I plan to pair 1 model + 1 car together. Model may be male too, so ya...

Another thing to settle: As of yet no caucasian models. all asian, as of now.

Wolfgang said:
Hey Unseen, you seem to have a pretty good project going. All the best of luck. :)
Thanks.. A stroke of luck gave me the possibility to open this up to a few more people.

I thought I wasn't gonna get much responses, that's why I decided to leave it open for a while. The past 3 hours I was out, I've been flooded.. I've quite a number of photographers respond, many with images for me to look at.. I think I'll choose the photographers from the pool who has already messaged me. I've so many good photographers that I'm hardpressed to choose them...

Thanks to those who has messaged me, I'll take a day or two to reply you because I'm rather bz today and tml. Will let you people know more when I've settled more things. I (obviously) can't take all of you guys, perhaps my other up coming TFCD projects I can invite those who can't make it for this one..

and no I'm not going to increase the no. of photog/car/models.. I am not able to co-ordinate so many people/cars. As mentioned, I'd rather work on a 1:1 or at most a 2:1 basis..
This will be the 1st time I'm working with cars as a prop, and I'd rather be in more control of the situation.

Shooting time is 2 - 3 hours of individual set shoot (with rest), then maybe 1 hour of group car/model shoot (I want to do something like actual drag racing scene), then some time for a "Free for All" fun shoot.. To be planned in more detail, perhaps with the photogs.

I've to close this thread as I'm not looking for photographers anymore.

MUA/assistants/general helpers are still welcomed though, can PM me..

unseen said:
Thanks.. A stroke of luck gave me the possibility to open this up to a few more people.

I thought I wasn't gonna get much responses, that's why I decided to leave it open for a while. The past 3 hours I was out, I've been flooded.. I've quite a number of photographers respond, many with images for me to look at.. I think I'll choose the photographers from the pool who has already messaged me. I've so many good photographers that I'm hardpressed to choose them...

Thanks to those who has messaged me, I'll take a day or two to reply you because I'm rather bz today and tml. Will let you people know more when I've settled more things. I (obviously) can't take all of you guys, perhaps my other up coming TFCD projects I can invite those who can't make it for this one..

and no I'm not going to increase the no. of photog/car/models.. I am not able to co-ordinate so many people/cars. As mentioned, I'd rather work on a 1:1 or at most a 2:1 basis..
This will be the 1st time I'm working with cars as a prop, and I'd rather be in more control of the situation.

Shooting time is 2 - 3 hours of individual set shoot (with rest), then maybe 1 hour of group car/model shoot (I want to do something like actual drag racing scene), then some time for a "Free for All" fun shoot.. To be planned in more detail, perhaps with the photogs.

I've to close this thread as I'm not looking for photographers anymore.

MUA/assistants/general helpers are still welcomed though, can PM me..
*sweat*
er.. I can't close the thread...
ah well.. the idea is in the prev post..

SEems interesting to shoot some fast cars...

unseen said:
Another thing to settle: As of yet no caucasian models. all asian, as of now.

Bro, :thumbsup:
let me know if u need assistance, i'll be glad to help.
can also be photog ;) ...... just let me know.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Alfie

Bro, i nt up to standard, but hope can helpout and learn something from the setup and layouts of such shoots.

unseen said:
LOL yeah.. cost of the CDs..
*sweat* I've ever held a TFCD, end up a photog say no $$ buy CDR, so msned me 200+mb of photos for me to burn for him.
Wah got like dat one! :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.