Tfcd/tfp.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Have you guys think that we should move out of this TFCD/TFP things and move on to another level of model shoots?

Don't ask me what another level yet, i am just thinking about this moments ago.

I mean, we can do alot better model shoot, not that kind of model stand infront, lying down, sitting pose etc etc.

A few photographers can chip in some money for buy props etc, meeting for disscussion, share ideals how to do the shoot, what sort of shoot, look for models, etc etc.

I think like that can learn more from each other, learn each other work flow, and best is, creating the shots that we need to set in terms of standards.

From there, move on move on, and improving standards. :)

Please don't flame me or flame any one here, this is just my thoughts, after seeing blasht lightings ppl improve, i thought, this is a good time for alot more ppl to up their standards.

Smurf, excellent idea, but the thing is, $$$. Once that subject is brought up, interested evapourates, or the focus is steered back towards free tfp, stands in front of the camera and smiles shoot. Blast Lightings and his group has one advantage, blast lighting's studio. Even though they have to pay, the equipement and access are there.

So, what do you propose? I am always open to ideas, I may not like them, but how would I know if I don't hear it out :)

catchlights said:
When I say I offer one to one TFCD/TFP, but will not pay for make up artist, everyone run far far. :bsmilie:
It's so pathetic, always the $$$ thing. No point shooting these wannabes.

Deadpoet said:
It's so pathetic, always the $$$ thing. No point shooting these wannabes.
Maybe my skill really CMI lor.

better get someone willing to pay the makeup artist and let them shoot, anyway maybe really feel good when you as a model and have 10 photographers wanted to shoot you.:bsmilie:

hazekang said:
maybe we can org a makeup class... pay one sum n then forever do our own makeup.... :)
A better idea is to engage the makeup artist to be the model, win-win eh?...:sweat:

catchlights said:
Maybe my skill really CMI lor.

better get someone willing to pay the makeup artist and let them shoot, anyway maybe really feel good when you as a model and have 10 photographers wanted to shoot you.:bsmilie:
Mass orgy TFCD/TFP shoot, is not worth waking up and getting out of bed for. One on one, maybe, swince it can very well be an exercise to waste shutter count.

I may be jaded or I may be arrogant, but the fact of the matter is, TFCD/TFP is a waste of time and effort, and all I want is that One picture from eash shoot.

Agree with you.

TFCD/TFP has a long long history, indeed it helps lot of photographers, models, stylists and make up artist to kick start, revamp portfolio or gain exposures.

Only for a few occasions here people misuse it. But it does discount the merit of TFCD/TFP.

So I still prefer to stick to the old fashion way, 1 to 1.

Deadpoet said:
I may be jaded or I may be arrogant, but the fact of the matter is, TFCD/TFP is a waste of time and effort, and all I want is that One picture from eash shoot.

Yes, agreed. All i want also is that one picture from each shoot.

Deadpoet said:
Smurf, excellent idea, but the thing is, $$$. Once that subject is brought up, interested evapourates, or the focus is steered back towards free tfp, stands in front of the camera and smiles shoot. Blast Lightings and his group has one advantage, blast lighting's studio. Even though they have to pay, the equipement and access are there.

So, what do you propose? I am always open to ideas, I may not like them, but how would I know if I don't hear it out :)

i got studio, and i wanna move up up up, so should i gather a few, meet, discuss ideals, or should i gather everything, shoot my own, and at the same time ask a few wanna learn ppl up to see?

ideals are the most tire part.

smurfman said:
i got studio, and i wanna move up up up, so should i gather a few, meet, discuss ideals, or should i gather everything, shoot my own, and at the same time ask a few wanna learn ppl up to see?

ideals are the most tire part.
Good idea. It's always good to share ideas. There can only be so much creative juice in one person. I frequently found that I shoot the same thing over and over again, because I am good at it, I like it, and it's my image. Creating and shooting with others makes me step back and see other possibilities.

Nol, you shouldn't have to do all the heavy brain work. If you up to it, lets get together over coffee or beer, and shoot the breeze, see if we can come up with something creative.

This sounds interesting, count me in too if there's something happening :)

Deadpoet said:
Nol, you shouldn't have to do all the heavy brain work. If you up to it, lets get together over coffee or beer, and shoot the breeze, see if we can come up with something creative.

so now got me, deadpoet, zplus, vince123123, catchlights, interested.

i got 1 image in mind, commercial type.

I always want to shoot alot of beer cans pop up at the same time, got ice cubes, cool lights, selling the beer that taste damn good.

Studio got alot of beers, but belongs to yqt, need his approval.

So the ppl i mention, got ideals to make it better, or got something you have in mind that sounds better?

forgot to mention, i am at the middle of discussion with spca, i am trying to help them create poster that can help the public stop animal abuse. I am helping them, no monies involve, to make it clear first.

I got afew images in mind, at the same time, if i got the approval from them, may use this chance to shoot together. How?

Better then shoot tfcd/tfp, more meaningful rite?

smurfman said:
forgot to mention, i am at the middle of discussion with spca, i am trying to help them create poster that can help the public stop animal abuse. I am helping them, no monies involve, to make it clear first.

I got afew images in mind, at the same time, if i got the approval from them, may use this chance to shoot together. How?

Better then shoot tfcd/tfp, more meaningful rite?

eh any make up for the animals?

got mood shot for the animals anot? got animal trainers beside them to control? like... gimme a sad look, ok... lie flat, on the back... look sideway... *in animal language...

hazekang said:
maybe we can org a makeup class... pay one sum n then forever do our own makeup.... :)

hmm i did make up before on my model kits... Gundams, Guyver etc, can? i'll do a air-brush kinda makeup on the TFCD models... confirm will be a knock out! :thumbsup:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eh any make up for the animals?

got mood shot for the animals anot? got animal trainers beside them to control? like... gimme a sad look, ok... lie flat, on the back... look sideway... *in animal language...

My friend, you're asking for it :sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.