TFCD or makeover studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingoutsister

May 6, 2003
hi everyone

i'm considering whether to have my portfolio done at a local makeover studio, or should i organise a free TFCD for myself here?

i've seen the photographs taken here and i must say i'm quite impressed with the standards. best of all, i can get the pictures free, and the photographers get someone to 'practice' on, too!

i don't really need the fancy albums or frames provided by the makeover studio, but i do need makeup and hairdo done..which i suppose i can do myself or get a fren to help out.

anyone any suggestions?

Do count me in if ya considering a TFCD :)

swingoutsister said:
hi everyone

i'm considering whether to have my portfolio done at a local makeover studio, or should i organise a free TFCD for myself here?

i've seen the photographs taken here and i must say i'm quite impressed with the standards. best of all, i can get the pictures free, and the photographers get someone to 'practice' on, too!

i don't really need the fancy albums or frames provided by the makeover studio, but i do need makeup and hairdo done..which i suppose i can do myself or get a fren to help out.

anyone any suggestions?

Some of the photographers are willing to pay for your hair and makeup as part of the TFCD so you really get it free. You're investment is just the time. If you feel its not what you have expected, then you can still go for the makeover.

actually what i'm looking for is something more artistic and insightful, rather than the usual stand-n-pose style which i usually see posted here. i have some shots done before, and i'm trying to go for something different this time.

hope someone has some ideas here! thanks in advance :sweat:

May be u can post a pic of yourself and be a bit more specific by "artistic and insightful"?

I''m sure there are lots of photographer here that are willing to help you. ;)

Petf69 said:
May be u can post a pic of yourself and be a bit more specific by "artistic and insightful"?

I''m sure there are lots of photographer here that are willing to help you. ;)

Agreed with Petf69.

how u look like??? :dunno: :eek:

That’s a good question, is it worthwhile the photographers’ time to do a TFCD for the models or not? This depend the motive of the photographer, to collect portfolio or refine the craft?

TFCD is not total free, is just to keep the cost low, and to benefit the models and photographers, both party can use for portfolio or self keeping, as long the images will not have commercial usage.

Some people thought that professional don’t offer TFCD, but this is not true.
We also need to practice, defiantly will not use a paid job to practice. The TFCD mostly is done in a one to one or very small group private session.

IMHO, The apparent of the subject is irrelevant to me.
As long there is a keen model, the time will not go in vain, for me the TFCD will be more on experiment lighting, posing etc, which after the model’s expectation and requirement been fulfilled.

honeydew said:
how u look like??? :dunno: :eek:

i guess you would only be interested if im good looking huh :confused:

lol ..
very subjective ..

duhh... they have 2 know how u look like wat... in the end they're the 1s who'll be taking ur pictures...

Haley said:
duhh... they have 2 know how u look like wat... in the end they're the 1s who'll be taking ur pictures...

Wise word from the professional model. :)

swingoutsister said:
actually what i'm looking for is something more artistic and insightful, rather than the usual stand-n-pose style which i usually see posted here. i have some shots done before, and i'm trying to go for something different this time.

hope someone has some ideas here! thanks in advance :sweat:

swingoutsister said:
guess you would only be interested if im good looking huh

its not true we shoot only good looking model.. i guess we need more interaction to understand you better. photos of yourself and the types of shots you want.

the tfp / tfcd would be more eventful if the requirement of the model is met. afterall, its wad u wan.. just my opinion...

Haley said:

well...duhh back

then i suppose i also have to know how they look like, since they're the 1s who'll be taking my pictures

of course,getting to know and understand the subject better is part of the picture taking process... but to ask how the model look like straight away - with no other further questions.... well, that can only give you that much confidence about the intentions of the 'photographer'

i'm NOT a professional model

swingoutsister said:
well...duhh back

then i suppose i also have to know how they look like, since they're the 1s who'll be taking my pictures

of course,getting to know and understand the subject better is part of the picture taking process... but to ask how the model look like straight away - with no other further questions.... well, that can only give you that much confidence about the intentions of the 'photographer'

i'm NOT a professional model

Partial reason to see you first before shooting is so that everybody understands the features you have and how to pose/shoot you on the very day itself. It's not to check if you're pretty enough for it or not, but to see what theme and style fits you.

Perhaps how they phrased it might have given you the wrong impression, but i assure you not, I myself also request for the models' images prior to shoot, this allows me to flip through books, think of ideas on what/how to shoot.

Hope this clears the air.

Cheers.

Agree with ESPN. Your picture will at least give the photogs an idea of how you look like and they can see if you, as a model, can fit into their theme or concept before they accept the TFCD. Bear in mind, photogs also need to pay for your MUA, use their valuable time to shoot.

Hmm..agree with ESPN...for me..i will meet up the model first for a cup of coffee and chat first...After which i will roughly know her character. Then i source for locations and the kind of outfits or theme that may suit her.

This way is benefical to the parties involved. Everyone is there to create a good portfolio. :)

nostalgia said:
Hmm..agree with ESPN...for me..i will meet up the model first for a cup of coffee and chat first...After which i will roughly know her character. Then i source for locations and the kind of outfits or theme that may suit her.

This way is benefical to the parties involved. Everyone is there to create a good portfolio. :)

Haha.. agree with espn.. I also meet up wif the models before the tfp to have a look at the model and get a general idea on how to pose the model, characteristic, etc..

2nd thing is also to discuss concepts, themes, dressings, etc.. It helps to know wad the model is going to wear too.. whether the dressing is suitable for the theme or not.

I'm interested in doing yr TFCD if u r having one. Can also do a 2 or 3 photographers to 1 model if you do not want a 1:1. ;p

me also interested in your "artistic" thingy... but u need to define what you mean. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.