TFCD/does model have the right to demand more pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamapi

Deregistered
Feb 27, 2008
For TFCD i did for my friend whose a model,i've already sorted out the best few and begin post processing on it,infact,i would safely say it's quite done.
However,just now,i chance upon a comment by another friend[also a model] of the model whom i shot for.
The comment goes "you should get more pictures from the photog[me] and you have every rights to.

I wonder...
http://www.wolfkettler.co.uk/models/tfcd/pft.html

Usually,photog in the real sense would never present work which does not meet their personal criteria which they set,thus the reason why only a few out of the batch goes through PP.

Now,legally,does the model have the rights to have access to every pictures taken?

We're talking TFCD.

:)

Out of good will, just gave her..if she want more, unless yr keeper shot is so low...then bo bian

Out of good will, just gave her..if she want more, unless yr keeper shot is so low...then bo bian

Well i've only taken +/- 15 pics of her because she was there for say...30-40mins at max before she left?
around 5 or so were keepers.

My friend hasn't approach me regarding what her friend has said and i doubt she would even mind what that friend of hers said.

I just hope to know some black and white before firing back at her friend.

before you shoot, both parties should agreed upon what is deliverable.

if you already given all the usable images and she still ask for more, tell her buay swee er ai mai??

Well i've only taken +/- 15 pics of her because she was there for say...30-40mins at max before she left?

My friend hasn't approach me regarding what her friend has said and i doubt she would even mind what that friend of hers said.

i saw that pic..... she no easy subject to take..if u can gave 5 keepers out of 15....u are already a marksman.:thumbsup::bsmilie:

if she insist just gave her, from the way i see. it probably is her first (and last tfcd with u).
She could be curious how she look ...in those 'missing' shots.
Be a good guy, gave her all, if she complaint u no good, just take it as a challenge and move on.

before you shoot, both parties should agreed upon what is deliverable.

if you already given all the usable images and she still ask for more, tell her buay swee er ai mai??

Yes,i've already with my friend that ONLY PRESENTABLE pictures will be relased.
But now i've another 3rd party,a friend of hers whose also a model telling my friend that she should demand more...
I wonder if this "3rd party" is going to tell the another model to demand more pics from me too...

So legally,should I or should I not release unpresentable pics if that wasn't what we agreed on in he first place..?

But now i've another 3rd party,a friend of hers whose also a model telling my friend that she should demand more...
I wonder if this "3rd party" is going to tell the another model to demand more pics from me too...

So legally,should I or should I not release unpresentable pics if that wasn't what we agreed on in he first place..?

then ask her to diam, its between u and the model.

hmm the 30-40min express model wannabe..is she a model too?

hmm the 30-40min express model wannabe..is she a model too?

she's a model but not very well known.

But that's not the point,the point right....?

Take DCA's advice,

Ignore the friend lor. Unless its she herself who wants more photos.
Quick question: Why did you take only 15 shots in the 40min time frame? :think:

ai ya, if ur fren demand then give her lor...she take all those cmi, oof, poor composition one oso no use for her portfolio wat...:dunno: unless her PP damn kilat can do miracles to those pics...:think:

every1 oso got their views, shoot her fren oso no use...focus on shooting more and improving lor...

apparently your friend must be quite young and new in the trade .....
kanna once, after giving the first 10, she wanted more, then gave her another 10, she demanded more, another 10, again she wanted more, so in the end gave her all in 2 cd .....
it's like about 5 or 10 quite similar shots (with a slightly different zoom, angle, etc) in each pose, and I chose the best one out of each pose but she wanted all ..... boh pian, little kids are like that ....:dunno:
surrender all and move on ....... rather than keep receiving her sms .... :bsmilie::sweatsm::sweat:

Ignore the friend lor. Unless its she herself who wants more photos.
Quick question: Why did you take only 15 shots in the 40min time frame? :think:

When she came,they slowly settle down etc...
And while shooting,i was under guidances too:)

So far no problem from my friend and her friend..except that another 3rd party friend of theirs trying to psycho them..
And also,i don't wish for misunderstanding to arise..modelling circle small and i don't want her telling ppl this photog not giving many pics blah blah which might result in more misconception among like-minded like hers.

Appreciate the advices.
Will know what to do:)

So far no problem from my friend and her friend..except that another 3rd party friend of theirs trying to psycho them..
And also,i don't wish for misunderstanding to arise..modelling circle small and i don't want her telling ppl this photog not giving many pics blah blah which might result in more misconception among like-minded like hers.

Appreciate the advices.
Will know what to do:)

Then the question is, do you want to look forward to working with "like-minded" people like that? Seriously.

As for misunderstandings, no matter what you do and no matter how good or nice you are, there will always be someone 'buay song' with you so just be careful, and always have a clear agreement before you start. Put it down in writing if need be.

The odds of buay songness seem to escalate with smaller brains and greedier hearts or little kids running around who think they know a lot and are damn 'big time'. Don't be surprised, some might even threaten to take you to court or whack you up when you stand your ground.

Aiyah just gave the cmi photos and tell her the first 10 is the best the rest can tell her to delete. If she asked for more then tell her have to reshoot and you need at least seven photographers to increase the best chances of good photograph.

Be firm and stand up for what is the deals as for her friend ask her to fly the highest kite.

Giving the CMI photos represents a risk you put yourself in, reputation-wise. Usually, one or two photos per set is enough to make people have a bad impression of you. Imagine if the CMI images actually equal or exceed the number of good shots?

Model has to appreciate quantity isn't everything. If that's what they want, next time just set your cam to max fps. 1 minute of shooting can give them 150 pics.

Yep, dont give out the CMI photos. Tell the girl - when you go for a dinner, don't you put on makeup and wear ur best dress? You keep the CMI outfits at home rite? Li kewise for photography.

5 pic is worth it loh :thumbsup: The so call model is she in the agency or fashion industry line, even a good shot will tell a lot, u dun need 10-20 shots.

Why the 3rd party going to involve is she her manager or anybody:what:.

5 of the best pics it worth a lot :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.