Texture

Status
Not open for further replies.

merelyok

Jun 7, 2008
merelyok.tumblr.com
2663511122_52c6f8b782.jpg

Interesting tree bark that i shot in colour but converted to B&W in an attempt to focus on the textures and detail of the bark.

Just my opinion, I find the bright highlight distracting and much details/texture are lost in them.

And I think if the top right bright patch is also a distraction.

Thanks for the comments!

Hm. Now that u've mentioned it the top part is indeed abit burnt out. Any idea how to correct that?

I did notice the top right hand corner and tried to crop it, but the crop became too tight. Instead i used the burn tool on it. ( it was much, much brighter in the beginning lol.)

I was thinking of a border to add more impact to the picture.

hmmmmm.

Actually, if you burnt the highlight during the shot, there is nothing can be done to retrieve the details.....its recorded as white without details....if you burn it, it becomes grey, still no details....

For the top right, if you do not want to crop, you can clone it with the neighboring barks.

Thanks for the comments!

Hm. Now that u've mentioned it the top part is indeed abit burnt out. Any idea how to correct that?

I did notice the top right hand corner and tried to crop it, but the crop became too tight. Instead i used the burn tool on it. ( it was much, much brighter in the beginning lol.)

I was thinking of a border to add more impact to the picture.

hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.