Tethered -

Status
Not open for further replies.

clioboy

May 25, 2008
2454752660_d42be551ea.jpg

Taking a walk along Sungei Api Api in Pasir Ris with my camera, i shot this boat tied to a mangrove tree..

it was about last afternoon and the river was calm (though muddy as usual)

I just bought a pre-owned Canon 400D (Jap specs aka XTi) with kit lens..
looking around for pre-owned wide angle and portrait lens to kickstart my new hobby.

Image was changed in picnik..i think it works better in b/w..

Thanks for all your time..

Dave.

Cheers!

It just feels very cluttered and with the leaves covering the boat, it takes the attention away from your main subject. I do see an interesting bit though. If you could just position yourself to take the boat against the reflection of the HDB flats..... that would be something worth trying.

to me, i think that the reflection shouldn't have the streetlamp and the hdb flat. it would give it a more rustic kind of feel. i like the more rustic kind of feel :)

thanks for the comments..always learning:)

Works very well for me. The street lamp and HDB reflections adds contrast to the cam nature shot. Ain't good with words so it's gonna b hard for me to explain, but I like it!

My attention was attract to the reflection of the HDB rather then the boat when i 1st look at the photo.. haha... anw, nice try! ;)

I was looking for the tethering, but the foliage and the boat are more readily obvious than the rope. Agree with flipfreak that the whole theme and concept of tethering could be more strongly brought across, especially if you're gonna title your shot like that.

maybe i should re-title it then?? :)

maybe i should re-title it then?? :)

Title aside, what you intend to portray is not strongly shown. There are just too many elements within the frame that are fighting for attention, instead of them all working together to bring one message across. Get my drift?

Noted :)

2511524414_c1873d81e7.jpg

Father and Son..

how can i do better?:)

This is at Lumut Beach, we drove up in a convoy.
We were just exploring the resort and i see them playing at the water's edge.
I hope to portray their closeness and the bond they are enjoying.

2511524414_c1873d81e7.jpg

Father and Son..

how can i do better?:)

Please note the Critique Corner regulations:

- A write up required on the photo, why you took it, and what you are seeking critique on.

Status
Not open for further replies.