Testing with my new CoolPix885

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewfs

Jan 19, 2002
West Zone
Visit site
Sorry if the photo turn out to be too big for browser! Anyway, this is my few shot with my new CoolPix885.

DSCN0460.JPG

Sorry if the photo turns out to be too big for the browser. Anyway, this is my first few shot with my new CoolPix885.

Originally posted by lewfs
Sorry if the photo turn out to be too big for browser! Anyway, this is my few shot with my new CoolPix885.
Well, you can resize your pic. 640x480 would be a good bet.

BTW, am I seeing dead pixels in your pic too? :)

don't need to apologise, just resize your pic and compress more!

are the white spots reflections, fish food or bubbles?

Those things you guys see are bubbles. At the time I took this photo, the fish are hyper-active and cause alot of bubbles around. Another important thing is that the pond is powered by a very strong motor which I think is part of the reason of bubbles being seen.

Originally posted by LifeWorld
I saw lots of dead pixels and dust towards middle bottom of pic and CA!:dunno:

think if we examine closely it is not dead pixel...just reflection of very small bubbles

Err... how to know whether is it a dead pixel? What can you do if you got a dead pixel?:confused:

Originally posted by fusetrips
Err... how to know whether is it a dead pixel? What can you do if you got a dead pixel?:confused:
fusetrips, I bought my C2040 from John3:16 and my picture look like got dead pixel. I print out a picture and bring the whole thing back to John and good old John change a new DC for me. And he check throughly as well for 20 minutes to make sure the new DC got no dead pixel. ;)

A dead pixel will be damn obvious after taking a few pictures.. it'll always be in the same position, and you'll never miss it after finding it out!

lewfs: Please resize your picture, it really is too big. You can use a program like Irfanview or ACDSee to do that.

Originally posted by YSLee
A dead pixel will be damn obvious after taking a few pictures.. it'll always be in the same position, and you'll never miss it after finding it out!

lewfs: Please resize your picture, it really is too big. You can use a program like Irfanview or ACDSee to do that.

YSLee, is there anyway to fix dead pixel? Repair?

Originally posted by fusetrips

YSLee, is there anyway to fix dead pixel? Repair?

Dead pixel can't be fixed...

Can only use s/w to eliminate them... Think camera have some of the s/w implemented...

Just like a LCD, stuck means stuck... can't do anything to it.

What caused a pixel to be dead?:eek:

ok guys with digi cams......did you check for the dead pixels in the ccd ( which is quite hard at time of purchase right) and also in the LCD?
if yes how did you actually chk for it in the case of in the LCD?
will the dead pixel in the ccd be under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.