Testing: Newbies outing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xin

Apr 4, 2003
City Hall
peixin.clubsnap.org
Been toying with this idea of a weekly or fortnightly outing for ClubSnappers.... in particular for shy newbies who find it hard to join in for SEED.....
I was in that stage before... so I understand its really not easily for a newbie to join in when he/she sees such a big group.....
I find it easier to join in and get to know others actually when the gathering is during a photo-shooting session... when everyone is on the move and not sitting down in a fixed place....

So decide to test the response to see if this idea is well-received....
Juz discussed this with AJ23 yesterday.... think we would like to have an outing once a week or 2.... going to places to take photos or maybe a common interest such as cycling, flying kite, movies etc etc.... Suggestions are welcomed....
Old birds are more than welcomed to join us.... as U can guide us along.....
So newbies dun complain about SEED anymore.... join in for these gatherings... get to know more people.... then U dun have to be afraid that U dun know anyone at SEED next time.....

So those interested in this idea please indicate in this thread.... once we see a good response.... we will proceed to organise an outing regularly..... mostly on weekends.....

I'll help kick off.

Interested:

1) espn (super newbie) ;)

Originally posted by espn
I'll help kick off.

Interested:

1) espn (super newbie) ;)

700+ posts and a super newbie? Then I muz still be an embryo :rolleyes: :p

I don't mind joining if I'm free :D

It will likely be a weekly event... once a fortnight is there is something on during the week.... like the Dog Show this weekend at Singapore Expo....

Me and AJ23 will try and organise as regularly as possible....
Hope there will be more regulars helping to organise.....

Me considered newbie too.... though I have abt 400++ post.... I only went for 2 SEED so far.... dun really know alot of people yet....

List the stuff U would like to do during the outings... so we can have ideas of wat to do.....

interested but dunno if i have the time and the guts :p
went to SEED twice but only to collect stuff :D
saw the crowd and it was really _big_

Things I like to do at photoshoot:

1) I like to shoot humans so as we move please smile if you see me focusing at you :D
2) Find subjects to snap like buildings scenary, angles. I've no eyes for such stuffs. Cannot grab good shots.

How about the rest?

I think this is great effort. Having 700+ post but still utlra newbie, never been to any SEED or talked to any of the regulars here. Pai seh sia. I don't even go chat online with them :( Sigh. Outta sight outta place. This will help me I believe :)

/me nudge Jean, go also, get ur EOS30.

newbie or not is not judged by the number of posts.
me newbie too, and don't mind joining you all (if my time permits,which i think probably not).

actually, i suggest that instead of shooting events, shoot something more meaningful - such as old historical buildings, religious buildings and etc.

look at it this way, in 10 years time, do you prefer to show your love ones, familiy and friends, photos of events - dog show, fashion show and etc or meaniningful photos?

regards

Me too ! I will like to go for shooting outings but I don't talk much so I will bored the rest.. hehehehe
Also don't focus any cameras on me cause I am camera shy ;p

my opinion is that there is no necessity for xin or AJ23 to organise this on a regular basis. I believe everyone can take a chance to have a try at organising this right?
I don't like to see a situation whereby an outing is cancelling or does not go through because the organisers are not free etc.
Have someone to volunteer fortnightly to have the responsibility of organising. i'm sure the rest who are/are not going will provide the support or guidance along the way.

just my own thinking:)

Me and AJ23 will try and make it for all the outings one... or at least one of us will be around....
Think the 1st few outings we try and organise and subsequently asking the others to take over.....

Things have to start somewhere.... Someone has to take initiative.... Hopefully newbies can join and get integrated into this family and will not be so shy anymore to join in for SEED....

By the way.... this coming saturday... there will be this Dog Show at Singapore Expo.... the details are here

Newbies dun shy.... do come down and join us for the photo-shoot.... get to know the old-birds like Larry and SniperD.....

Meantime start listing the things U like to do or places U like to shoot.... so we can gauge and select the most popular outing place.... most likely to be held next week since this week already got Dog Show....

Originally posted by xin

By the way.... this coming saturday... there will be this Dog Show at Singapore Expo.... the details are here

correction..... it's sunday

I do hope you get what i mean.I get what you mean. There's no need to shoulder the effort and responsibility of "at least one of us will be around".

I applaude your effort and AJ23 for taking this initiative. There were previous outings too for this purpose. But it is not easy for someone to take this on a longer basis.

Personally, I like Azure's "Any Goes..."

Cheers:)
Originally posted by xin
Me and AJ23 will try and make it for all the outings one... or at least one of us will be around....
Think the 1st few outings we try and organise and subsequently asking the others to take over.....

Things have to start somewhere.... Someone has to take initiative.... Hopefully newbies can join and get integrated into this family and will not be so shy anymore to join in for SEED....

Newbies dun shy.... do come down and join us for the photo-shoot.... get to know the old-birds like Larry and SniperD.....

Meantime start listing the things U like to do or places U like to shoot.... so we can gauge and select the most popular outing place.... most likely to be held next week since this week already got Dog Show....

alo all!

can i join the seed if all i have is a canonA60?

what if i bring a compact film camera instead of a digicam?
l
l --> canon mini prima to be exact.......

yes, you can!
anyone is welcomed as long as he/she is interested.
and any camera will do, even if you don't have any, it's okie too!

Join us at the next SEED on the 16th July :)

P.S: All i have a a Canon A40 ;)
Originally posted by yunir_sg
alo all!

l

Who cares what cam you're using!!!

As long as you have a cam, you rule!! No cam also can go!! Dun feel restricted, it's not a 'powerful cams' only outing, come come!

PS: I dun think I'm going for the doggie show. :D

Originally posted by yunir_sg
alo all!

l

No worries.... it doesn't matter even if U dun have a camera....
ClubSNAP and SEED are for those with an interest in photography....

Hi hi ..

shy newbie here too ...

Got a table marked for shy newbies on this coming seed on the 16 july ??

:embrass: :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.