Testing camera without lense

Asuma

Jan 3, 2010
When buying 2nd hand bodies without any lense included, and if I am not able to borrow any lense, how do I test the body?

Borrow a lens (which should be tested before to be working fine). Otherwise you might not notice possible communication issues with the lens.

hahaha... this sounds like testing a car without starting the engine.... ;p

Testing without lens is as good as not testing..

When buying 2nd hand bodies without any lense included, and if I am not able to borrow any lense, how do I test the body?

Welcome to CS

I guess you have never own a DSLR before if you asked this kind of question.

Reschedule the appointment when you are able to have a lens to test

You can ask the seller (politely) to bring a lens to let you test out the body.

Welcome to CS:)

Welcome to CS :)
My take is better request for seller to lend u a lens for testing before u close the deal

Interesting, may I ask why you want to buy a camera without any lens. What do you plan to do with the body, and do you have any plan to buy lens ?

Cheers!

Probably TS is buying a lens and a body separately, from 2 sellers.

Hope the next question is not "How to test a lens without a body?"

Interesting, may I ask why you want to buy a camera without any lens. What do you plan to do with the body, and do you have any plan to buy lens ?

Cheers!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Had brought a friend along for the viewing and he kindly brought his whole lens collection and helped me with the testing.

Right, I plan to buy body and lense seperate from 2 sellers

Thinking of skipping kit lense and get a faster walkabout lense

Right, the correct way is to get a experienced kaki to help u test the camera body.
As u might not know what to test for, even if u had a lens

No lens can't tell the condition of the sensor...what if LCD, buttons etc all works at condition 10/10 + cosmetic 101marks....but sensor is scratched during careless blower session..no lens, can't tell...ask seller to bring lens to confirm....:)

If you have the budget for a fast walkabout lens...of course(I don't even wana write "why not") coz it's essentially good...haha

Last edited:
Agreed.... if u found out a way how to please update in this forum =D