test tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelimon

Jan 22, 2007
inspired by another photo frm the Critique corner thread (light and dark of science). Tried but can't take out the blown out patch - tube holder is reflecting light from above. am gonna try again when boss leaves the lab for the day
test-tube.jpg

like the colours.

hmmmm.... point of no return already jeli. tell bern that. :bsmilie:

inspired by another photo frm the Critique corner thread (light and dark of science). Tried but can't take out the blown out patch - tube holder is reflecting light from above. am gonna try again when boss leaves the lab for the day
test-tube.jpg

think the colors can be saturated more to create more impact. Whats that? Some pH calibration buffer? =)

Where are you working/ studying at?

Regards,
tltan

think the colors can be saturated more to create more impact. Whats that? Some pH calibration buffer? =)

Where are you working/ studying at?

Regards,
tltan

hmm..think i'll PS somemore to bring out the colours. post the new one up soon.

u're rite! they are the pH buffers from Sigma. got the green by mixing 7.0 and 10.0. 2 ml in each FACS tube ;)
doing my phd in mcb nw at national cancer centre, thank god it's almost over :sweat:

hmm..think i'll PS somemore to bring out the colours. post the new one up soon.

u're rite! they are the pH buffers from Sigma. got the green by mixing 7.0 and 10.0. 2 ml in each FACS tube ;) doing my phd in mcb nw at national cancer centre, thank god it's almost over :sweat:

IC. same field. me hope to finish soon too but at NTU. =) hmmz. Have fun. =)

the minute scratches on the pink test solutioned test tube bugs me a little.

yes, the scratches can be a bit of distraction. they're plastic tubes and almost everywhere. Any idea hw I can get rid of them?

Try this.

I found #2 in DIY stores but can't seem to find #3. Tried on some plastics and it works ok for normal view. Unable to tell you how well or bad it will appear when magnified.

yes, the scratches can be a bit of distraction. they're plastic tubes and almost everywhere. Any idea hw I can get rid of them?

how about using the glass ones? =)

hmm...that's a good idea. but i've got no glass tubes here - at least not in my personal stash or the lab's (i think). and boss will definitely nvr approve using research grant to requisite glass tubes for photography purposes :bsmilie:
maybe it's time to go to the glassware room n snoop abt ;)

the plastic tube holder is also a bit of a problem becos of it's design. can nvr get a clean shot of the tubes without one corner of the holder getting into the picture - either it reflects the light n gets blown out or just plain gets into the way.

guess then, you have to open a pack of FACS tube and search for the best one in there. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.