Terrorist Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
I started a new thread on 'Terroris Attack' and the threat was closed.

I am fully aware that such threat is sensitive and because of this, I had decided to post it for discussion.

London's bombing, 911 are real life examples that it can happen to anywhere. The one who think they are invincible, America was caught by surprise.

So are we going to be caught by surprise?

I was certainly caught by surprise when they close the thread....

Wish to comment?

Yappy & Happy

What is there to discuss?

Most likely people tends to feel such discussion is sensitive and
would lead to flame. But for people who can discuss in a diplomatic
way without causing hurt or hatred will they not been able to share
their views? Aha, here is a blunt version for the moderator to
delete if they want to...

Terrorists Attack
What is there to discuss?

1. Why there are some people who want to become terrorists

2. What are the educational background of the potential terrorists

3. What is the aim of the people who call themselves terrorists

4. Are they happy to be doing what they are doing to peaceful people

5. Are terrorists been blindly trained to kill and created havoc for others

6. Is it that the community of terrorists around the world have such
a foolish mindset of creating hatred and to destroy people that they don’t like

7. Why can’t people living in this earth live in harmony and peace instead of
believing that commiting suicide is an honor while in the act of harming
and destroying others

8. Who are those people who funded the activities of these terrorists

9. Is it true that their belief system leads them to do what they are doing

10. When will they learn to respect the different cultures of the people
living on this earth and try to keep a balance to live this earth by not behaving in hatred and jealousy?

:) :) :) :bsmilie: :heart:

I would assume you refer to this thread? http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=3233203#post3233203

Yes, I closed it but for reasons i stated very very clearly before i closed the thread.

Again, i would like to explain that it is not so much "what is there to explain" but rather, "what is the point of such a thread".

As another member "Forward" has so kindly help illustrate what are the potential topics that can be discussed, one has to simply go through the list and realise that alot of the answers would have something to do with religion, religious belief as well as 2nd guessing the state of mind of some people which is nigh-impossible. In fact, some of the questions are rhetorical (i.e. 10. When will they learn to respect the different cultures of the people
living on this earth and try to keep a balance to live this earth by not behaving in hatred and jealousy?)
which is unlikely to lead to any answer proper.

I started a new thread on 'Terroris Attack' and the threat was closed.

I am fully aware that such threat is sensitive and because of this, I had decided to post it for discussion.

London's bombing, 911 are real life examples that it can happen to anywhere. The one who think they are invincible, America was caught by surprise.

So are we going to be caught by surprise?

I was certainly caught by surprise when they close the thread....

Wish to comment?

Yappy & Happy

Since you are aware how sensitive it is, then you should understand the rationale behind why i would rather close the thread. This forum, like Singapore, is populated by people who very different in many aspects, may it be race or religion.

As to whether Singapore will be caught by surprise, i suggest you read the news and better understand what the country has in placeto combat apathy and terrorism. You may find more information that pertains to what you wish to discuss here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-terrorism_in_Singapore
http://www.spf.gov.sg/cterror/swg_index.htm

If you wish to discuss this topic in depth, may i suggest you find another platform to do so. I hope you can respect the decision behind the closing of this thread and any other threads that relates to this or this topic. Any further postings in regards to this matter will be dealt with accordingly without any further warnings.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.