Terrible driver (Mit Lancer ****)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tush

Jun 27, 2003
Visit site
Well this is not really photography related.....
On Friday (17 march), my wife met with a terrible driver. She's at this roundabout somewhere in the West when this silver Mitsubishi Lancer (Reg. Plate: ****) wanted to cut in from the back. The sh1thead hit the back bumper of my car. My wife could not stop and get out as it was a roundabout and traffic was heavy with lots of trucks. When she finally filtered out of the roundabout, the fat guy with curley hair (the lancer driver - looks about late 30s or 40s) gave a yaya look and bl00dy sped off very very fast (obviously he's running away) without even stopping to look at the damage or saying sorry.... I'm really pissed at him... there are these scratches (2-3 inches broad and about 5-6 inches long) on the bumper... What can I do? Anyone seen the where abouts of silver lancer ****, can pm me.

Hey if you are the driver of ****, you are a piece of Sh1t....

Simple, go to the police!

So what if someone SMS you with the whereabouts - what are you going to do?

dun take law into your own hands.. hahah look at my signature ;p

I've written into the TP about such case. They replied asking me to launch a formal investgation report. Since you have the car number and the person's description you should be on your way to nailing him.

Hit and run is 6 points if I'm not wrong. My friend ever got nailed for such an offence but he's was a different case. He hit a parked vehicle and waited for some time but the owner didn't come back. So he left.. and somehow TP penalised him for not stay at scene of accident :dunno:

A gentle reminder to all CS'ers, please DO NOT post any number plates on the forum.

Thanks

Kopitiam

Why didn't your friend leave a note on the car winshield with his contact details?

yanyewkay said:
dun take law into your own hands.. hahah look at my signature ;p

I've written into the TP about such case. They replied asking me to launch a formal investgation report. Since you have the car number and the person's description you should be on your way to nailing him.

Hit and run is 6 points if I'm not wrong. My friend ever got nailed for such an offence but he's was a different case. He hit a parked vehicle and waited for some time but the owner didn't come back. So he left.. and somehow TP penalised him for not stay at scene of accident :dunno:

togu said:
A gentle reminder to all CS'ers, please DO NOT post any number plates on the forum.

Thanks

Kopitiam

i think alot of ppl's sig got leh...

/me point at YYK's one... ;p

anyway, just now saw a lancer driver doing a 20km/hr march along Serangoon Road... the (also fat with curly hair guy) was wearing a white glove to drive... kaoz... cannot believe it man... *can i put his number down?*

tush said:
Well this is not really photography related.....
On Friday (17 march), my wife met with a terrible driver. She's at this roundabout somewhere in the West when this silver Mitsubishi Lancer (Reg. Plate: ****) wanted to cut in from the back. The sh1thead hit the back bumper of my car. My wife could not stop and get out as it was a roundabout and traffic was heavy with lots of trucks. When she finally filtered out of the roundabout, the fat guy with curley hair (the lancer driver - looks about late 30s or 40s) gave a yaya look and bl00dy sped off very very fast (obviously he's running away) without even stopping to look at the damage or saying sorry.... I'm really pissed at him... there are these scratches (2-3 inches broad and about 5-6 inches long) on the bumper... What can I do? Anyone seen the where abouts of silver lancer ****, can pm me.

Hey if you are the driver of ****, you are a piece of Sh1t....

He hit your rear and you have his full registration number. Do an insurance claim on his policy.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

anyway, just now saw a lancer driver doing a 20km/hr march along Serangoon Road... the (also fat with curly hair guy) was wearing a white glove to drive... kaoz... cannot believe it man... *can i put his number down?*

We shld not display the licence plate in this forum. PM will be better.
I have met many of such drivers, some wearing ties and very well educated too.
What to do many are holding high position can afford to pay & pay (PPP) instead of BBB.
The best solution is report to LTA/TP so that they can nap this guy and get his car tested for illegal modification and fine him. Don't take the law into your own hand and get burn.
Happy driving and snap more photos of the person and car, so that you have the evidence to show to LTA/TP.

It wasn't me, I was at work that day.
Ok I did go out to buy some food, but it wasn't me.
Yes, I was driving a Mitsubishi through a roundabout, but it wasn't me.

Really, it wasn't me. You have to trust me :angel:

Oh, I forgot to mention; I am in Australia :bsmilie:

i started wearing ties at the age of 14 but I wasn't educated nor rich. Wear tie == educated and rich?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

:kok: where got?!

tush:quick go to the police station and make a formal police report. If you drag too long then no point already.

yanyewkay said:
:kok: where got?!

tush:quick go to the police station and make a formal police report. If you drag too long then no point already.

yea.. agree with yanyewkay...

report first... if not, he turn ard and say something else, then that would be bad...

Report police no use one... Police nowadays only bother to file report if there are injuries or someone dead. One policeman told me...

Some more the scratch is less than the min amount claimable by insurance...

I feel really pissed that this bugger just gets away freely like that....

tush said:
Report police no use one... Police nowadays only bother to file report if there are injuries or someone dead. One policeman told me...

nevermind lah... i even worse lor... got 1 lorry driver, while i was stationary, he suddenly cut into my lane den u know lorry from side, have 1 wheel infront, 2 wheel behind, happen so, its his lorry go bang my driver door side and the 2 rear wheel hit my wheel, den he tried to reverse, ripping out the side panel... cos he underestimate his length... den i kena stuck in the car, must crawl out the other side... cos the door cannot open... and guess wat, the sia lan kia come out, 1st thing say is my fault, den say go insurance lor, den say he won't pay... and best of all... he like super experienced, den tell me, this 1 at most 50-50... lppl lor...

Can ask why its not allowed to post number plates?

togu said:

Thanks

Kopitiam

You don't have to go down to the police station to make a report - nowadays email everything also can - thats what I did to nail a taxi driver who rolled back into my car on the expressway and ran away (even after chasing him) - he got a stern warning letter from the TP after that - I think it would be more serious in your case as my case there was zero damage.

Insist that the police investigate as alot of the time, they tend to say "its a civil matter" to try to avoid doing work. Show support on why its a criminal matter and they have no choice but to investigate or give you reasons why they are not taking it up.

tush said:

confirm got use. The police is right in the sense if it was an accident that both parties are present and acknowledge the accident, police will take their hands off if no govt property or lives/injuries are involved. Trust me, launch a formal traffic police investigation. he will get his just rewards. If you take too long and he manages to clear his car of any evidence then you are going to suck thumb and whine in here even more.

Whinning in here wun get him caught. Now stop whining and get that TP report done.

victim of another lancer here :thumbsd:

:sticktong

Go to TP HQ at Ubi to lodge a report. The IO will call up the driver for interview, and examine his car as well. If the evidents match, he will be charged accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.