Termites ate up new Canon printer box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriram

Mar 10, 2002
I picked up a Canon printer a couple of weeks back and left the box in a corner of my room. Today when I was cleaning up I noticed lots of mud like stuff outside the box. When I opened the lid I was absolutely shocked... there were at least 300-400 termites crawling in there and eating up the cardboard box. The strange thing is that there was an old cardboard box just next to it and the termites haven't even touched it.

My guess is that the cardboard was untreated and there were termite eggs in it, because I see no termites anywhere else in the room.

So... if you have got a Canon printer recently, please check your box to see if it has become food. BTW this was from Sim Lim (Fuwell if I am not mistaken).

Ha Sriram,

Did you bargain too hard? Maybe they have infested boxes that they give to customers whom they don't like? ;)

Just Kidding. Any new pictures of your beautiful little one? Post some of them here!

Regards
:dent:

eh...i tot termites eat wood ? Din know that they like cardboard boxes ! :eek: :D

Originally posted by kindred
eh...i tot termites eat wood ? Din know that they like cardboard boxes ! :eek: :D

Hehehe,
Cardboard boxes are technically compressed sheets of wood (ie. paper). Hence same difference.
;)

Originally posted by sriram
I picked up a Canon printer a couple of weeks back and left the box in a corner of my room. Today when I was cleaning up I noticed lots of mud like stuff outside the box. When I opened the lid I was absolutely shocked... there were at least 300-400 termites crawling in there and eating up the cardboard box. The strange thing is that there was an old cardboard box just next to it and the termites haven't even touched it.

My guess is that the cardboard was untreated and there were termite eggs in it, because I see no termites anywhere else in the room.

So... if you have got a Canon printer recently, please check your box to see if it has become food. BTW this was from Sim Lim (Fuwell if I am not mistaken).

Can post pics of the 300 termites?

my place previously is a heaven for subterrainian termites....

all the furniture & even the parquet flooring are crawling with termites underneath. have to throw everything away.. my collection of comics also become their food... damn... i wonder y dun they eat my textbooks instead...

Termites love cool, damp and dark places. All wood-based products must watch out. This includes cupboards, books, magazines and yes, cardboard boxes. Make sure that they are not damp. I used to grow up in a kampong, so I know "oh sh*t!" feeling.

Weird... the place was not damp or dark. Just checked other paper / wood stuff in the room and there's nothing there, fortunately. In any case the whole room was sprayed with insecticide.

And no pics of the termites. I was too repulsed, so just threw it away with the manual and styrofoam packing material inside!

they need time to colonise the rest of the world. Maybe there is something around preying them that slowed down their efficiency.

Actually no joke for termites, my dad's bonzai and fruit trees kena termites before and most died, and some just become poor handicaped bonzai...

:bheart:

Originally posted by kindred
Due to sars they change or go toward for cheaper wood made product.

Originally posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
my place previously is a heaven for subterrainian termites....

all the furniture & even the parquet flooring are crawling with termites underneath. have to throw everything away.. my collection of comics also become their food... damn... i wonder y dun they eat my textbooks instead...

Comics more expansive mah. Paper taste better.

Status
Not open for further replies.