Tent for macro shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxx

Feb 4, 2003
www.fotki.com
Hi,
I am intending to shoot macro with objects the size of coins,
however the ones sold in shops are way too expensve or too huge!
I need a small one, using DC for the shoots, so need somthing that has a big opening
cos not using big lens.

any ideas? or where to get one?

for coins, you can't use a light tent, you use a cocoon... its a smaller light box... can put the lens nearer and do a macro easier, a big light tent for coins will become more like a background use only...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
for coins, you can't use a light tent, you use a cocoon... its a smaller light box... can put the lens nearer and do a macro easier, a big light tent for coins will become more like a background use only...

where can I find a cocoon? and for how much? any brands in particular, not too ex I hope.

I rem seeing a cocoon, but it seems to have only 2 holes right? more to the top, but the problem is I am using a digital camera and the lens is not long enough to reach down to the object to do a macro shot.

Thanks for the info so far

lanxx said:
where can I find a cocoon? and for how much? any brands in particular, not too ex I hope.

I rem seeing a cocoon, but it seems to have only 2 holes right? more to the top, but the problem is I am using a digital camera and the lens is not long enough to reach down to the object to do a macro shot.

Thanks for the info so far

i'm not sure which camera u using, but i suppose u should have some flash already, cos you can't use either a cocoon or tent with a built in flash... and you can always place the camera near to the object, thats macro... its about getting nearer... and there is different sizes of cocoon, the smallest i know is about a tissue box size i think, for smaller ones, i think using a A4 paper cone would be the cheapest bet, i've tried it before & it works...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i'm not sure which camera u using, but i suppose u should have some flash already, cos you can't use either a cocoon or tent with a built in flash... and you can always place the camera near to the object, thats macro... its about getting nearer... and there is different sizes of cocoon, the smallest i know is about a tissue box size i think, for smaller ones, i think using a A4 paper cone would be the cheapest bet, i've tried it before & it works...

Well, it;s either the C5050 or F810.
I will be using some Skylite blubs fot the shoot, no internal flash.
So, where can I find and get this cone? any stores to recommend and
what's the price like?

thanks again

err, i meant using a A4 paper, roll into a cone, den cover your lens barrel, up to you if you want to cut the other side flat, den cover over your coin & shoot... cheapest way liao...

Status
Not open for further replies.