Temporary Plastic Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

seankyh

Nov 30, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Anyone knows where I can get temporary plastic glue? Those that can peel off nicely. When I buy magazines sometimes got CD and they use a special kind of glue to paste the CD on the cover of the mag. Looking for something like that.

artfriend

try "Cow Gum". It looks like those elephant glue but you can remove it easily without leaving any residue. Many art students use it. and after you remove it, the gum can be use as a pencil eraser. Should be able to find it in an art store.

try "Cow Gum". It looks like those elephant glue but you can remove it easily without leaving any residue. Many art students use it. and after you remove it, the gum can be use as a pencil eraser. Should be able to find it in an art store.

Excellent! thanks for the tip! Will check it out.

hmm my office use the 3M brand spray glue.. sticky like hell but peel off paper with no residues

can get from major stationary shops

hmm my office use the 3M brand spray glue.. sticky like hell but peel off paper with no residues

Looking to glue plastic parts together temporarily. When I remove them, I would like that no residue is left over and the glue can just be peeled off without corroding the plastic surface.

3M have a few types of spray in the market, common ones are the 3M Sprat Mount and the Super 77. 3M Sprat Mount is good for layout work as you can paste it and also remove it if you make a mistake while Super 77 is usually very difficult to remove, however, both of them will leave a layer of residue on the surface which will require using lighter fuel to remove.

Cheers :)

Looking to glue plastic parts together temporarily. When I remove them, I would like that no residue is left over and the glue can just be peeled off without corroding the plastic surface.

Not sure about parts as I've only used it for paper/photos. Depending on the size and weight of the parts, and how strong you want them to be "temp glued together", Cow Gum seems like your best bet so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.