Temasek vs Wee

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
It seems that Temasek is predating Wee to sell UOL to them. Or is Temasek the 'white knight' to rescue minority shareholders of UOL from unfair bids from Wee ? Wee did said that UOL is 'hard to sell'. Is it true? Any comments?

no idea dude. now watching my chinacast kena whacked. : (

sorry for OT right away. hee. as stocks >$2 don't bother me.

UOL has a stake in UOB as well if im not wrong. Selling 49%to temasek would mean a reduction in Wee's stakes in UOB and I dun think he is very willing to let that happen.
Temasek maybe still sore at the failure to buy OUB via DBS i think...
I dunno...haha.. not that it matters to me.

di0nysus said:
no idea dude. now watching my chinacast kena whacked. : (

sorry for OT right away. hee. as stocks >$2 don't bother me.

The ChinaCast you kenna placement or you went ATM to apply? Jia lat man!! Imagine gray market 59c also done!!!

i got epublicoffer placement. went all out and got 8 lots. shitty ipo mkt now. just hoping to break even. gone are the days with ipo fever during jan/feb. did not apply for armarda.

gray mkt 59ct done? where u get that info

reachme2003 said:
It seems that Temasek is predating Wee to sell UOL to them. Or is Temasek the 'white knight' to rescue minority shareholders of UOL from unfair bids from Wee ? Wee did said that UOL is 'hard to sell'. Is it true? Any comments?

What Temasek wants, Temasek will get ....
Now I believe Wee will definately have to sell his stake at UOL and conserve his $$$ to keep his real crown. He will definately change his old play since the Govt has moved the goal post.... juz my 2cts worth.
If Wee can out-move Temasek this time, (like what he has done the last forty years) I will address him as God!

lauLEE said:
What Temasek wants, Temasek will get ....
Now I believe Wee will definately have to sell his stake at UOL and conserve his $$$ to keep his real crown. He will definately change his old play since the Govt has moved the goal post.... juz my 2cts worth.
If Wee can out-move Temasek this time, (like what he has done the last forty years) I will address him as God!

You are prepared to address a mortal as God! I salute you.

I think deep inside Wee dun wanna sell UOL to any outsider, coz like UOB, its his xin xue....., but he got to be careful here coz the garment always say s'pore only got room for 2 bank....... so its either ocbc or uob to be makaned....
after UOL, we still have Haw Par and OUE to play hee hee......
btw, the warrant expiring in a month time, so pretty surprise to see so many people trading it also..... those who cheong at 1.15 today dying liao.....

mysonlovenemo said:
I think deep inside Wee dun wanna sell UOL to any outsider, coz like UOB, its his xin xue....., but he got to be careful here coz the garment always say s'pore only got room for 2 bank....... so its either ocbc or uob to be makaned....
after UOL, we still have Haw Par and OUE to play hee hee......
btw, the warrant expiring in a month time, so pretty surprise to see so many people trading it also..... those who cheong at 1.15 today dying liao.....

1.15 only done 20k. The bulk of it done at 1.07 and 1.08. But got quite a bit done at 1.14. Hope they cut loss already.

me wanna cheong the warrant this morning also but when i saw the price and backed away liao......
Nitrotech, any idea why singtel drop so much har (sorry hor OT)....
me changing target to singtel ......

mysonlovenemo said:
me wanna cheong the warrant this morning also but when i saw the price and backed away liao......
Nitrotech, any idea why singtel drop so much har (sorry hor OT)....
me changing target to singtel ......

Sorry mate, i don't have "for sure" news about Singtel. But what i heard is that Hedge Funds and a few big boys are selling. Been dropping since morning and no rebound at all. Later when London open there could be more selling.

NitroTech said:
Sorry mate, i don't have "for sure" news about Singtel. But what i heard is that Hedge Funds and a few big boys are selling. Been dropping since morning and no rebound at all. Later when London open there could be more selling.

gotten 5lots at 2.22.....
will see how, worse case is ganna stuck but at least got some dividend coming......

reachme2003 said:
Gotta hand it to Uncle Wee, got the audacity to say that Temasek's bid was too low whereas his own was significantly lower. Through UOL Wee was holding on to his stake in UOB rather cheaply as UOL was definitely undervalued. Temasek was catching him out on that, quite rightly, in my opinion, as increasing UOB's stake in UOL was contrary to government diretive to reduce non-core assets to 10%. Even tho they got until 2006 to do that, it was not in the spirit of the directive to increase his UOL stake. Plus, the government has long encouraged companies to reduce complex crossholdings of companies, something that Wee has largely ignored. At his own peril, it would seem.

Ok, so maybe I'm bitter about the ridiculous service fees that UOB charges for every small thing.....

RSU said:
Gotta hand it to Uncle Wee, got the audacity to say that Temasek's bid was too low whereas his own was significantly lower. Through UOL Wee was holding on to his stake in UOB rather cheaply as UOL was definitely undervalued. Temasek was catching him out on that, quite rightly, in my opinion, as increasing UOB's stake in UOL was contrary to government diretive to reduce non-core assets to 10%. Even tho they got until 2006 to do that, it was not in the spirit of the directive to increase his UOL stake. Plus, the government has long encouraged companies to reduce complex crossholdings of companies, something that Wee has largely ignored. At his own peril, it would seem.

Ok, so maybe I'm bitter about the ridiculous service fees that UOB charges for every small thing.....

u sum it up well,
but if you are the founder, and out of the blue, someone say, as bank u cannot own other firm that;s non related to your operation,
or worse, "i think u are too small i am going to eat u up" how would u feel,

although i dun like uob services and charges like u, but I hope that uncle wee will prevail finally.......

mysonlovenemo said:
u sum it up well,
but if you are the founder, and out of the blue, someone say, as bank u cannot own other firm that;s non related to your operation,
or worse, "i think u are too small i am going to eat u up" how would u feel,

although i dun like uob services and charges like u, but I hope that uncle wee will prevail finally.......

In the world of business, it's big fish eats small fish. It's the smart guy who knows when to exit. The big guys can juz stand aside and wait for the right timing and then oopphhh, it's game over.
Juz like the writer says, it would be interesting to see UOB + DBS (with Temasek as backer) take on Standard Chartered (with compliments from the Khoo family) ... this would be the ultimate dream of the tiny red dot. Perhap the carrot is that Mr Wee is the ultimate Chairman? ooooo this juz a dream.

mysonlovenemo said:
gotten 5lots at 2.22.....
will see how, worse case is ganna stuck but at least got some dividend coming......

it is more than dividend, it is capital reduction too. so, watch out for the ex date.

Coming back to UOL, Wee is a shrewd chinese businessman. However, the almighty gov has given him some breathing space ie. by 2006. I am highly doubtful that UOB cannot find a suitable buyer for UOL, as it is always a question of price. Everything is for sale at a price. Who knows Oei H L may step into the fray as he is well known as a asset trader. How much $ he has made in Natsteel and potentially in Informatics too!

reachme2003 said:
Coming back to UOL, Wee is a shrewd chinese businessman. However, the almighty gov has given him some breathing space ie. by 2006. I am highly doubtful that UOB cannot find a suitable buyer for UOL, as it is always a question of price. Everything is for sale at a price. Who knows Oei H L may step into the fray as he is well known as a asset trader. How much $ he has made in Natsteel and potentially in Informatics too!

Who dare to offend the T ppl on Singapore homeground? Dont believe Temasek is juz interested in making a couple of millions ... there is definately an agenda. When T offers the last price next month, it will be done!

Well, the speculation will go on and on. It does not help when you know who heads MAS, MOF and T.

Status
Not open for further replies.