Temasek Poly or NAFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartsinmotion

Nov 5, 2007
Singapore
abcdefglynis.tumblr.com
I'm so annoyed right now. I know you guys don't wanna know this but I just need to rant. Ugh why can't you just help someone in need & shut up all your stupid comments!?

Whatdehver.

Anywayyyy!

You guys might know this better so help me if you do. I want to take my diploma in Visual Communications in NAFA but my cousin was telling me that some companies prefer designers from polys instead of NAFA. So, here's my question: taking diploma in VSC in Temasek Poly would be more desirable or in NAFA (of the same course)?

Appreciate your help, guys! :D

only your portfolio matters

no one has ever seen my diploma, i also forgot where it is

btw are you sure you want to come into this industry?

only your portfolio matters

no one has ever seen my diploma, i also forgot where it is

btw are you sure you want to come into this industry?

Shhhh, I know you're gonna tell me it's tough, go find something else & etc. I've heard so much of that but I don't wanna change my mind so thank you. Appreciate your good intention.

Portfolio is like all my work & etc right? Are they like hard copy or soft copy? :/ sorry I'm really new to this

hours are really long, you gotta eat, sleep and sh1t design
or else you will not make it big time

anyway, why don't you go and work part time first to experience what it is like

a portfolio is your work, what you can do.
both hard copy and soft copy are ok

but best to make a slideshow and present it on a notebook. and give out a printed hardcopy.

where u study doesn't matter if u can't produce good stuff. my designers dunno come from where also. most not even singaporeans.

Regardless of which place you go. The only thing that affect your future is portfolio. I am currently studying in NAFA. Based from my exp, you should do more than what the school expect. Keep building up portfolio is the main part. Or else you can be one of those who grad from the school to become a sale promoter or those low paid graphic job.

Hereby I give you a tip. When I was in France, some French people know NAFA. I never met any French who knew TP.

On first impression, the name 'Academy of Fine Arts' will definitely make people look at you in a way that is different from a poly. But like what was mentioned, as long as you work hard and have a solid portfolio, any institution is the same.

exact sentiments. i think i threw mine somewhere in the storeroom. :bsmilie:

i dun even know where my dip, degree etc go... think my P.A.P cert also dunno go where liao... :bsmilie: talk about tis, also haven go collect my other 2 certs.

do they still look at portfolio before entering the course or they just let any tom, dick and harry who can afford to pay get in? got time i also wanna take up drawing.

conventional route = conventional monetary rewards
non conventional route = non conventional monetary rewards

so dun give a damn how the others point out for , the path u will run in is not the same as others 100% , no individual in this world is 100 % similiar , even a 1% variations can have a diff outcome.

wish u all the best , just follow nike, u will never be wrong

" ps i m not advertising for nike , i just find it appropriate to use it in this situation"

i dun even know where my dip, degree etc go... think my P.A.P cert also dunno go where liao... :bsmilie: talk about tis, also haven go collect my other 2 certs.

do they still look at portfolio before entering the course or they just let any tom, dick and harry who can afford to pay get in? got time i also wanna take up drawing.

think still do la. but $$ makes the world go round... :bsmilie:

but then again, u will only truly go far if u've the passion

anyway...

Temasek, Nanyang, NAFA all have Visual Communications.

but Temasek has more solid foundations compared Nanyang, IIRC, they started only last year with a few students...doing well thou. they have lots of good lecturers there, and IIRC they do have a few rather famous designers there teaching as part time.

its your choice actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.