tell us your dream lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, having compression is not a problem but it will mean the following.

1) Extra rountines on the camera processor(s). Development cost and time goes up == cost of camera goes up.

2) Added time between the image capture and writing to the storage media due to compression. This can be overcome with more buffer. Again development cost and time goes up == cost of camera goes up.

3) All this compression also uses up your battery life. However you do save on energy on having to write smaller files. So it all depends on the overall energy savings.
(Energy used for compression) - (Energy saved on writing smaller files) = ?

4) You will have to decompress your RAW files once it is on your CPU. Added time to workflow.

if that is true, i would rather invest in another cf card instead of battery. bare in mind that another cf card meaning i can use it as a flash card when not doing photo shooting.

another thing is about the hand grip. maybe different hands is design differently.

as for time wise, i dun mind as the quality is there!

drektster said:
if that is true, i would rather invest in another cf card instead of battery. bare in mind that another cf card meaning i can use it as a flash card when not doing photo shooting.

another thing is about the hand grip. maybe different hands is design differently.

as for time wise, i dun mind as the quality is there!

All of us have different hands so it is hard to have one size fits all. :)

Between the D70s and E-300, I personally prefer the the D70s grip. But selection of camera entails more than just grip feel :)

The second picture was taken with a reflector.

As we've discussed in a previous thread earlier on, the Oly RAW file is not quite compressable, unless it choose to lose some data (to what extend, not sure). Using the strongest compression scheme with winzip, a RAW file manages to go down 1-2 MB only (from 13MB to 11MB). That leads us to thinking that Oly is trying to preserve more data in its RAW and since not much gain compressing them, so it's left as real 'RAW'

100% crop, shot taken with E-300, OM 50mm F1.8 MC on OM Adaptor

35384043-O.jpg

Source

getimage.php

E-1, 50mm ED macro F2.0 ( F11, S 1/100 , flash )

Wah lao.. your eye looks damn scary man!! :bsmilie:

a bit too underexposed though but very sharp.

See what is in front of you and believe what your brain tells you to believe

Dream lens
1)7mm -14mm
2)50mm - 200mm
3)ex-25

Im easily contented, so thats all

My Dream Lens:

11 - 22 mm F2.8-3.5
50mm Macro F2.0
50 - 200mm F2.8-3.5
300mm F2.8 :what:

i want the
14-35mm F2... can shoot indoor available light, or indoor fill flash or with minimal flash
35mm macro... for close-ups and it looks dang sharp and small...
50-200mm + Extension tubes n 1.4x tcon....

Status
Not open for further replies.