Teleplus Teleconvertors 300Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little_Fish

Sep 8, 2005
Westie
Hi all,
Firstly, Happy Chinese New year to all. ;)
Just got some queries with regards to the above TC. The teleplus TC, if its labeled as digital, does it mean that its work well with a DSLR body, and functions are limited on a SLR body?

Cos i recently aquired one and seems like i'm encountering some problems. I tested it on my Nikon 75-240mm 1:4.5 - 5.6 D lens. I found something really funny. Its like when i'm using at ard 100mm to 150mm zoom, the AF functions work properly. But when i hit the 240mm mark, seems like the AF function does not focus the subject cleary. Very blurish or the AF function seems to take forever to focus. Using the TC in the MF mode doesn't pose any problem. Not too sure if i'm the only one facing this problem.
Couldn't get any results on this when i searched the forum. Dont have a DSLR to test it out.
Really hope the kind brothers and sisters here can help me out with this problem.
Help appreciated. Thanks!

some info:
Camera body: F90x
Lens used: Nikon 75-240mm 1:4.5 - 5.6 D
Teleconvertor: Teleplus Teleconvertor Pro300 2x

finkster

Feb 12, 2003
SG
Visit site
with a 2x TC your min aperture becomes too small to allow AF as u zoom further. It's just too dark. For practical purposes anything above F8 will not AF. If it does, it will hunt and will probably not function at all.

U need a constant F2.8 lens if u wanna use a 2X TC. U get F5.6 minimum.

Little_Fish

Sep 8, 2005
Westie
finkster said:
with a 2x TC your min aperture becomes too small to allow AF as u zoom further. It's just too dark. For practical purposes anything above F8 will not AF. If it does, it will hunt and will probably not function at all.

U need a constant F2.8 lens if u wanna use a 2X TC. U get F5.6 minimum.
Oh okay. Didn't know about that. So to use a TC effectively, i have to get a lens with a constant F?

finkster

Feb 12, 2003
SG
Visit site
not absolutely necessary but as long as your aperture is F8 or below with the 2X TC on, i.e. a larger aperture, it should AF. General guideline : F8 to F11 - barely possible. AF restricted on some bodies. F5.6 to F8 - borderline. AF restricted on some bodies at F8. F5.6 & less - not a problem.

Some mid-range zooms have an aperture of F2.8-4. At max zoom with 2X TC, u get F8. Barely possible to AF. Still can but not recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.