Telephoto for G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladin

Jan 18, 2002
SGP
Visit site
Just would like to know which Telephoto is good for G2? Users of Telephoto..pls give advise...I am looking for a ~2x telephoto for my G2...2nd hand also can!:)

Originally posted by Paladin
Just would like to know which Telephoto is good for G2? Users of Telephoto..pls give advise...I am looking for a ~2x telephoto for my G2...2nd hand also can!:)

Best choice: Olympus B300 if you still find it.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Best choice: Olympus B300 if you still find it.

Regards
CK

For that matter..any with 5X?? At price around $200 to $300?

For that matter..any with 5X?? At price around $200 to $300?

I don't know of any, though there are 8x monoculars like the Kenko 8x32 and CrystalVue Sharpshooter available which fit the Coolpix 9xx to give a total of 24x zoom. Not sure if it will work on the bigger lens of the G2 though.

Regards
CK

I thought the one inside g2 manual which is 1.5x is the only suitable one for canon.
would be great if can get 3x or 4x.
:)

I don't know of any, though there are 8x monoculars like the Kenko 8x32 and CrystalVue Sharpshooter available which fit the Coolpix 9xx to give a total of 24x zoom. Not sure if it will work on the bigger lens of the G2 though.

Regards
CK

I read that CrystalVue Sharpshooter cannot be used on the G2...what a waste...I wonder what are telephoto lens there is for the G2??:(

I read that CrystalVue Sharpshooter cannot be used on the G2...what a waste...I wonder what are telephoto lens there is for the G2??:(

The B300 lor. A bit expensive, but it's supposedly very good. Otherwise, very hard to find a high power and good one.

Regards
CK

The B300 lor. A bit expensive, but it's supposedly very good. Otherwise, very hard to find a high power and good one.

Regards
CK

but the B300 only 1.7x right? so with G2 3x, will be 5.1x only...what is the equivalent on a 35mm lens??

but the B300 only 1.7x right? so with G2 3x, will be 5.1x only...what is the equivalent on a 35mm lens??

simple

G2 1x is 34 mm (wide)
G2 3x is 34x3 = 102mm
G2 3x + B300 = 102 x 1.7 = 173.4mm

Originally posted by megaweb

at wide , yes it is very bad .. can see the circle very clearly

at 3x zoom , no vignetting lah

Hey megaweb, I presumed you have it right? any other to recommend?

Originally posted by mpenza
you might be able to stack 2 together.... but it'll be an expensive combination.

Ai ya...cannot lah...i think there is betterway to spend money lah...

sigh...so no way to increase the optical zoom??:(

Yes I second it, the B300 is a very good lens. I ave one and used it on my Pro90 with very good results.

Hey megaweb, I presumed you have it right? any other to recommend?

Yes I have B300 but I am using Pro 90 ... see my Homepage (below link) for more detail ...

Originally posted by megaweb

Yes I have B300 but I am using Pro 90 ... see my Homepage (below link) for more detail ...

Well with Pro90's 10X optical zoom..it would be very sufficient..but G2 3x...I think need a higher multiplier factor...

Well with Pro90's 10X optical zoom..it would be very sufficient..but G2 3x...I think need a higher multiplier factor...

that is the reason I get Pro 90 ... I want a dc with more zoom that can take far objects like animals , birds , etc ...

by adding higher multiplier factor to your dc , the quality of the pic will definitely degrade ... not worth to add TC > 2x ..

As for B300 , i find that it can produce good quality shots under good lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.