Telemarketing insurance plans

saveDqueen

Jul 20, 2008
North
www.flickr.com
Hey people, I'm just posting this to check if there any similar victims like me.

I received a letter from a certain insurance company* and it says that I am insured with their plan with my acknowledgement from the telemarketing staff and I have to pay a monthly premium to it.

WTF!? I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THEM BEFORE!

I have not agreed to any of these insurance plans and did not divulge my bank acct info, but suddenly I am notified with it? Can this actually happen!?

How did they actually retrieve my information and what rights do they have to deduct the amount of premium from my account!?

Any informed individuals or similar victims, please share your knowledge or incidents here.

I have to write or fax in to cancel this insurance plan, it is really a wastage of my time and effort, its gona be something that I am going to press on till they give me an satisfactory answer.

Advise from anybody?

*(dunoe if I'm able to state the company here)

Last edited:
You can call and make a complain to that insurance company.No point going to MAS.

Or maybe write to newspaper and reveal the co.

For what reason write to newspaper and reveal the Co cos never buy insurance from the company.Don't act stupid,for nothing end up sue by the company.Call them up or go to the company and bang table infront of the customer service.From there you write to the newspaper.

If it's a fact, why scared being sued? That is what TS want us to believe since he didn't post much details...and I always believe in fair deal, deal with mutual consent....I don't believe in auto opt-in or verbal agreement.....I felt extemely fishy on the above....we are talking about insurance here....it's long term commitment and there are specific terms and conditions to fulfil before one is accepted.....also there is cooling off period which the author can dispute if he regrets...Is there any insurance in Singapore can do verbal subscription? That sounds like a scam more than a bonafide insurance company.....

Hey people, I'm just posting this to check if there any similar victims like me.

I received a letter from a certain insurance company* and it says that I am insured with their plan with my acknowledgement from the telemarketing staff and I have to pay a monthly premium to it.

WTF!? I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THEM BEFORE!

I have not agreed to any of these insurance plans and did not divulge my bank acct info, but suddenly I am notified with it? Can this actually happen!?

How did they actually retrieve my information and what rights do they have to deduct the amount of premium from my account!?

Any informed individuals or similar victims, please share your knowledge or incidents here.

I have to write or fax in to cancel this insurance plan, it is really a wastage of my time and effort, its gona be something that I am going to press on till they give me an satisfactory answer.

Advise from anybody?

*(dunoe if I'm able to state the company here)

i received few times already, mine is home insurance and ask me to renew it, else i will loss the benefit. as long as they never deduct any money from your bank, why you worry? it is a scam lar, just like reader digest.

Last edited: