Eugene

Apr 30, 2002
just checked with alan photo,

selling Canon 1.5x TC-58 for $145
Vitacon 2.0x for $195.

is this the normal pricings?
Thanx in advance!

:what:

I'm not sure about the TC58, but try to compare the prices with Cathay or John316, especially for the Vitacon.

Last time I asked for a Vitacon WA 0.5x from AP, they quoted me around 180 for a 58 mm, but when i checked with John316, they offered me around 120-130. So please check the prices out especially for the Vitacon. I asked John316 about the 2.0xVitacon teleconverter and i think they told me it's around 120-130 too.

Best if you double check.
Gd luck.

Why is the vitacon 2.0x still considered when it has been repeatly mentioned that it's only 1.3x :dunno:

The last time i asked about vitacon 2.0x TC, they quoted me $130.

well, never tried the Vitacon 2.0x teleconverter, but on the vitacon WA 0,5x , the quality of the picture wasn't really good at the edges. Wonder how the quality of the vitacon 2.0x is. Yeah, some teleconverters don't give accurate statements of their multipliers

Originally posted by revenant

Girls have privilege?

What is that suppose to mean?
I am already very happy that they did not treat me like a tourist and jack up the prices. Either way, as far as TC is concern, i have decided to settle with the canon original TC-DC52 2.4x TC. All i have to do is to wait.

oh, there's a TC52 2.4x? or u're referring to the 1.4TC?
So far, bought the olympus c210 1.9x, hoping to try it out at sungei buloh soon. It's the cheapest alternative to the b300, slightly more reach but with slight vignetting at the corners, but ok i guess for bird/nature pics

Originally posted by Eugene

Vitacon 2.0x for $195.

Thanx in advance!

The Vitacon one seems grossly overpriced.

Originally posted by taicw
oh, there's a TC52 2.4x? or u're referring to the 1.4TC?
So far, bought the olympus c210 1.9x, hoping to try it out at sungei buloh soon. It's the cheapest alternative to the b300, slightly more reach but with slight vignetting at the corners, but ok i guess for bird/nature pics

The new TC52 is a new model which replaced the old 1.4x version. On all the canon sites i can find, TC-DC52 is now refered to as a 2.4x part.

Originally posted by Eugene

Vitacon 2.0x for $195.

Thanx in advance!

Did you get your prices right? Like what mpenza mentioned, the vitacon is grossly overpriced.

However, looks like the Canon TC-58 is very competitively priced.

Originally posted by Goondu

Did you get your prices right? Like what mpenza mentioned, the vitacon is grossly overpriced.

However, looks like the Canon TC-58 is very competitively priced.

yah, Peter told me the Vitacon is $120 w/GST.

Originally posted by TheZard

yah, Peter told me the Vitacon is $120 w/GST.

TheZard, peter from?

Too bad vitacon 2x TC cannot be used on my Canon A40, after fitting A40 refuse turn on properly. It seem after fitting 2x TC vitacon, it obstruct A40 lens to extend when power on. Error code E18. Mscolor quote me <$100.

Originally posted by cillin
Mscolor quote me <$100.

wah... the price range really very wide...
must check carefully...

This is the reply from Canon with regard to TC-DC52:

Dear Sir/Mdm,
Sorry for replying to you so late because we are trying to get feedback from our regional office. We did not intent to bring in this item because it is very expensive.

Alternatively you can get to buy other made . You may want
to contact my dealer.

1) Alan Photo Sim Lim Square Mr How Kim Tel 63360922
2) Cathay Photo Peninsula Plaza Mr Vincent Tel 63374274

Thanks & Regards

Originally posted by cillin
This is the reply from Canon with regard to TC-DC52:

Dear Sir/Mdm,
Sorry for replying to you so late because we are trying to get feedback from our regional office. We did not intent to bring in this item because it is very expensive.

Alternatively you can get to buy other made . You may want
to contact my dealer.

1) Alan Photo Sim Lim Square Mr How Kim Tel 63360922
2) Cathay Photo Peninsula Plaza Mr Vincent Tel 63374274

Thanks & Regards

Expensive?? :dunno: They must be joking! It cannot be more expensive than the TC-DC58. Check the various websites.

Originally posted by Goondu

Expensive?? :dunno: They must be joking! It cannot be more expensive than the TC-DC58. Check the various websites.

maybe it's expensive to Canon Singapore to bring it in ;p the margin mght be too low for them to think it's worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.