Teleconvertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinlimkp

Feb 20, 2009
CCK
Hi all,

Want some advise on teleconvertor 2x(sigma). I only find the technical specification but not any detail review.
What is the actual usage of it and who uses it. I more interested in snapping nature wildlife(bird watch). I have a 70-300 lens(Sigma), i guess is not long enough to take any wildlife. Can the teleconvertor boost the distance to 600mm?

Cheers

Hi all,

Want some advise on teleconvertor 2x(sigma). I only find the technical specification but not any detail review.
What is the actual usage of it and who uses it. I more interested in snapping nature wildlife(bird watch). I have a 70-300 lens(Sigma), i guess is not long enough to take any wildlife. Can the teleconvertor boost the distance to 600mm?

Cheers

You can.. but the max aperture is also reduced by 2 stops. So if the max aperture was f5.6... it's going to drop to f11... I don't think you can AF with such a small aperture. :sweat:

I read up that there will be an impact on the picture. How bad will it be, because i cannot find any picture to compare.

Advisable to get a teleconvertor?

I read up that there will be an impact on the picture. How bad will it be, because i cannot find any picture to compare.

Advisable to get a teleconvertor?

There will be slight degradation of the image quality. Effects depends on amount of light lost and also the brand and amount of TC used. 1.4 has the least, 1.7 has slightly more and 2 or 3 has the highest. And normally they are coupled with f2.8 lenses to reduce the image degradation amount...

Status
Not open for further replies.