teleconverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

May 23, 2004
EAST
hi need some advise here.. can TC-201 use on AF 80-200mm F/2.8 ED lens? cos i got the info from one of my friend work at CP told me that i cant use TC-20E or II... isit true? and how much is the cost of this TC-201? thanks in advance :D

Snake said:
hi need some advise here.. can TC-201 use on AF 80-200mm F/2.8 ED lens? cos i got the info from one of my friend work at CP told me that i cant use TC-20E or II... isit true? and how much is the cost of this TC-201? thanks in advance :D

Yuppers, TC-20EII is for AFS lens unless u perform a little mod for AFD which will void the warranty.

Hope this helps. :)

Snake said:

Erm, I don't think you will want to use a TC-201 on your 80-200/2.8. The TC-201 is an AIS teleconvertor. You will loss autofocus capability, and if your AF camera is below the level of F100/F5 or D1/D2 , you will not get any form of metering.

Your best bet is to get a Kenko Pro 300 Teleplus 1.4X or 2X teleconvertor (make sure its the Pro series) for usage with non AF-S Nikkor lenses. Quality is superb, losing out to the TC-14E and TC-20E by a only a hair.

thanks guys for the great info given :thumbsup:

justarius said:
Erm, I don't think you will want to use a TC-201 on your 80-200/2.8. The TC-201 is an AIS teleconvertor. You will loss autofocus capability, and if your AF camera is below the level of F100/F5 or D1/D2 , you will not get any form of metering.

Your best bet is to get a Kenko Pro 300 Teleplus 1.4X or 2X teleconvertor (make sure its the Pro series) for usage with non AF-S Nikkor lenses. Quality is superb, losing out to the TC-14E and TC-20E by a only a hair.
Btw how much will it cost for the kenko pro 300 teleplus for both each? thanks :)

I bought mine in the US, not here, so I'm not sure of the local price. However, I bought it for US$100, so I imagine the price should roughly be about 170-200 Sing$

Status
Not open for further replies.