Teleconverter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramukavis

Mar 25, 2009
Does all the teleconverters (Pentax and non-Pentax) do auto focus? If no, which of the teleconverters do the auto focusing. I mean, while attaching a manual focus lens, I heard that some TC does AF for the MF lens. Which of the TC does it? Thanks

only the Pentax 1.7 TC, but you need to still manually focus to the general area.

Yes, 1.7x can AF with MF lens in pentax. but i don't think you can get it in market.

Yes, 1.7x can AF with MF lens in pentax. but i don't think you can get it in market.

Why? Is it not manufactured (by Pentax) any more?
So, only the Pentax 1.7x can AF. Others (Sigma, Tamron, Pentax 1.4) cannot? Thanks again

the pentax 1.7 is no longer manufactured.

The pentax 1.7 changes a manual focus lens to an autofocus (to a degree) lens.

There are other teleconverters which allow you to let an autofocus lens continue to be an autofocus lens. What works depends on which autofocus lens you want to teleconvert, but in general the sigma/tamron teleconverters do work.

Making an SDM lens continue to autofocus is slightlly more difficult and you gotta specifically check.

Tamron 1.4x AF-PZ MC4 can work with SDM

I tried Kenko PZ AF 2x Teleplus MC7 on my SDM prime lense, sw went crazy and cannot even operate or manual focus.

Tamron 1.4x AF-PZ MC4 can work with SDM

I tried Kenko PZ AF 2x Teleplus MC7 on my SDM prime lense, sw went crazy and cannot even operate or manual focus.

The Kenko TC that works with SDM lens is Kenko Pz-AF 1.5x TELEPLUS SHQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.