Teleconverter for macro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Can anyone suggest a good AF teleconverter that can also be use for macro? Thanks;)

I dun own 1 yet... but this
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=2971335
got me looking for the vivitar 2X macro. I am not able to find the teleplus in his picture.
Er... not cheap and seems quite hot in ebay. Do feedback if you find one :)
BTW... your sears 135mm produce some very nice pictures... ;)

Opps... you are looking for AF... this is MF...

I dun own 1 yet... but this
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=2971335
got me looking for the vivitar 2X macro. I am not able to find the teleplus in his picture.
Er... not cheap and seems quite hot in ebay. Do feedback if you find one :)
BTW... your sears 135mm produce some very nice pictures... ;)

Opps... you are looking for AF... this is MF...

Thanks. Ya I notice those old MF macro teleconverter going for US$40-80+:bigeyes: It is because of sears 135mm that I fall in love with old 3rd party lens.:bsmilie: Trying to find a good deal for the Sears 135mm with macro 1:5:think:

Can anyone suggest a good AF teleconverter that can also be use for macro? Thanks;)

Any AF teleconverter would make the subject larger on the sensor. But AF isn't necessary for macro, better get a cheaper MF one. The Vivitar 2x macro TC w/ A setting would be your best bet. There are two versions, one is K version w/o A setting, so you have to turn the aperture ring to change aperture, and you'll have to do manual exposure. The one w/ A setting will work just like an A lens, you'd have auto exposure, alot easier to use if combined w/ an AF or A lens.

I had the Vivitar 2x w/ A setting Macro TC before, it worked quite well w/ my DFA100 macro lens.

Here is a sample w/ the DFA100 but no TC at the closest focal distance:

IMGP6248_small.jpg

Here is one w/ the DFA100 and the TC at the closest focal distance:

IMGP6246_small.jpg

And the comparison:

IMGP6248_small_combo.jpg

W/ this Vivitar TC and a 1:1 100mm macro lens, you can achieve about 2.5:1 mag ratio :)

Thanks.:thumbsup: I appriciate that you take time to do this. Treat you kopi if have a chance;)

do the Auto focus works? if i used a manual Tele Converter?

do the Auto focus works? if i used a manual Tele Converter?

Nope. You'll have to use an AF lens along w/ an AF TC to do auto focus, or a Pentax F 1.7x AF TC w/ a lens (no matter it's AF or MF one) faster than F4 (sometimes even F5.6 when light is good) for AF combo :)

IGP4934.jpg

saw this Vivitar 2X Macro Teleconverter MC lying in one of the 2nd hand shop, so picked it up to have some macro fun. It is a K version without A setting. With 50 f/1.4 and the TC, it will be a 100mm f/2.8.:)

IGP4934.jpg

saw this Vivitar 2X Macro Teleconverter MC lying in one of the 2nd hand shop, so picked it up to have some macro fun. It is a K version without A setting. With 50 f/1.4 and the TC, it will be a 100mm f/2.8.:)

Nice find.:) I'd yet be able to get a good deal for it yet:bsmilie:

Nice find.:) I'd yet be able to get a good deal for it yet:bsmilie:

Longko,

Another option, Panagor macro converter, read Jens - macrophotography, and I got one from the same seller James, selling Vivitar macro. I got mine for US 49 add in shipping, quite ex already. Vivitar macro with A setting is high in demand now.

otc

IGP4934.jpg

How much did you get it for?

Longko,

Another option, Panagor macro converter, read Jens - macrophotography, and I got one from the same seller James, selling Vivitar macro. I got mine for US 49 add in shipping, quite ex already. Vivitar macro with A setting is high in demand now.

otc

Now due to demand all selling more ex liao.:bsmilie: I'll slowly wait my turn. No hurry;)

Can try cash converter....maybe they have it...

Cheap. Good buy:bsmilie:

Good to know it's a good buy.:D Actually i don't know what price to pay for such TC. The actual price is $95 but i asked if it can be lower.

Good to know it's a good buy.:D Actually i don't know what price to pay for such TC. The actual price is $95 but i asked if it can be lower.

I'm trying to get it at US$45-50:bsmilie:

I'm trying to get it at US$45-50:bsmilie:

A lot of us here are scanning ebay for the same products. Actually pushing up prices liao.

Vivitar macro converter used to be going around us40 to 60 and I think have already shot up.The one with A contact would be more expensive and better cos it can syn with macro vivitar 105 with Aperture. Maybe sing 150 or more now for this. Quite hard to come by and a lot of bidders out there.

Patience, Patience, a good and cheap one will come by.

otc.

A lot of us here are scanning ebay for the same products. Actually pushing up prices liao.

Vivitar macro converter used to be going around us40 to 60 and I think have already shot up.The one with A contact would be more expensive and better cos it can syn with macro vivitar 105 with Aperture. Maybe sing 150 or more now for this. Quite hard to come by and a lot of bidders out there.

Patience, Patience, a good and cheap one will come by.

otc.

Yalor:bsmilie: No hurry lah for me lah. I kinda get used to taking 1:1 & crop liao:bsmilie: I damn Singaporean, want cheap & good. Else rather not buy:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.