teleconverter for a40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizzy

May 18, 2002
Bedok South
www.flickr.com
what teleconverter can i get for my canon a40? what should i look for in a teleconverter? how much zoom can it give? thinking of getting one sometime soon... need more zoom. hehe

hehe..
more zoom eh....
i currently have a 3rd party 2.7x teleconvertor.

maybe u can drop by CP or something to veiw the teleconvertors...

Originally posted by roygoh
Canon has a 2.4X teleconverter designed for the A40, the model number is TC-DC52.

The following are the Japanese ans US websites featuring this item:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/PSA40/PSA40_5-e.html

http://www.canoncompanystore.com/cg...erTemplate/50?Category=1095&RootCategory=1090

If the US link does not show the item, just do a search for the part number.

The price in US is about US$129.
roygoh,
what u mentioned is the original telconvertor by canon..

why restrict yourself to canon?

Originally posted by lefei

roygoh,
what u mentioned is the original telconvertor by canon..

why restrict yourself to canon?

Just a suggestion. Not a restriction. I know there are many other choices out there, and blizzy did not specifically ask for third-party or original teleconvertors. The choice is his.

Originally posted by roygoh

Just a suggestion. Not a restriction. I know there are many other choices out there, and blizzy did not specifically ask for third-party or original teleconvertors. The choice is his.
haha..ok...sorry if i sounded too harsh, roygoh...
no offence.. ;)

hmm... the canon TC is 2.4X... is that the real zoom or is it like 1.xX ? so wat 3rd party TC should i consider?

Originally posted by blizzy
hmm... the canon TC is 2.4X... is that the real zoom or is it like 1.xX ? so wat 3rd party TC should i consider?

Not sure. The TC-DC52 is quite new in the market, so I have not seen any comments or comparisons posted on other forums yet. I do know that this converter has a rather small rear element. That means that it will most likely work only at full zoom without vignetting.

That in turn imply that your combined available focal lengths are not continuous from 35~252mm (assuming the coversion ration is indeed 2.4X). You get your 35~105mm without the converter, and then a limited range at 252mm. You will not get 150mm focal range because of vignetting.

If you can still get your hands on an Olympus B300, then that might be another worthwhile alternative. The conversion is 1.7X, and you should get a larger zoom range without vignetting.

how much is this Olympus B300 ? the 1.7x zoom range is actual?

anyone know where i can get the teleconverter for canon a40? tc d52 or something... cathay dont have it.. does AP have?

Originally posted by blizzy
how much is this Olympus B300 ? the 1.7x zoom range is actual?

anyone know where i can get the teleconverter for canon a40? tc d52 or something... cathay dont have it.. does AP have?

it's actual.

you might want to try out the Olympus C-210 1.9x teleconverter. It's fairly cheap at $70.

wats vignetting?

is a teleconvertor a good alternative to super zoom??

Originally posted by currahee
wats vignetting?

it's not good but it's usually the only reasonably cheap alternative ;p

Originally posted by currahee
wats vignetting?

vignetting is distortion or dark rings at the edge of the photo

teleconvertor is not a good alternative to in-built zoom, but rather a cheap alternative. if possible, get a cam with in-built zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.