tele-marketeers/cold callers, do u hate them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh but you know there are the ones that call from china right? do you guys get those?

I have decided the next call from them announcing I have won something... I will just moan loudly and enjoy myself.

Last edited:
don't really hate them, i just tell them sorry mate, not interested. and if they insist, i tell them i'm busy at the moment and call me some other time, which they usually don't.

but i do hate it when someone from china calls and asks me, in mandarin, if i speak chinese. For pete's sake, she's calling Australia. i just say "no" and THEY hang up.

hahaha, actually, now that you mention it i think i've come across people who've reversed pranked telemarketers on the phone before. one day i'll try too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI

Last edited:
Yup...I believe they have mileage to clock too.....so normally I'll let them have a chance to complete their sales talk...it probably took 1 to 2 minutes....then politely say no and most of the time the call will end nicely :thumbsup:

Previously I always let them complete their sales talk and politely say no...I encounter a tele-marketeers scolded me for not taking the promotion that included $300-400 discount voucher. Since that day onwards, I always interrupt them saying no and hang up!

eh but you know there are the ones that call from china right? do you guys get those?

i did more than once, but i had a hard time understanding their chinese. :sweatsm:

remembered once a sweet voiced lady mentioned about a company function, den the rest i catch no ball. :bsmilie:

always receive calls from those credit card companies and insurance companies. Make me sign and sign but eventually when I don't use, after one year charge me subscription fee. Now I simply ignore them.

Received a call from a lady, think from China given the accent. Told me I won dunno-what and needs to go over on Wednesday. When I said I'm not free and don't want, she asked me for my name. Then I told her, since she told me she called me, she must have known my name, then she said "yes, but wants to verify my surname", I told her again then since she called, she should have known, she then quickly hung up :sticktong

i did more than once, but i had a hard time understanding their chinese. :sweatsm:

remembered once a sweet voiced lady mentioned about a company function, den the rest i catch no ball. :bsmilie:

I kena a few times the indian ladies calling me. Can't catch a single word cos of their thick indian accent and the fact the she speaks so fast. Sounded like random rambling to me. :dunno:

Not really hate them. It's the people who trades contacts.

The first time I get this type of calls was when I had my first credit card (Blue Amex). Actually after that on and off have a lot junk calls.

These calls died down after a while. How I did it? I didn't participate in any draws ;)

It all went really quiet for almost 2 years. But suddenly there was another wave of junk calls. Why? *SIGH*.. I bought a TV recently from Best and filled in the lucky draws stubs.

I kena a few times the indian ladies calling me. Can't catch a single word cos of their thick indian accent and the fact the she speaks so fast. Sounded like random rambling to me. :dunno:

maybe ur phone number is similiar to a call centre's? :sweatsm:

i dont even have a reason for them to call me! i'm still a student and i dont have any credit cards or anything. isnt that just weird.

I set my phone to accept calls from the list in my phonebook, so such nuisance calls will be directed to voicemail.

I have decided the next call from them announcing I have won something... I will just moan loudly and enjoy myself.

haha I got one worst~! They said they are calling from Macau and I'm like
WOAH. End of the call she wanted me to head down some location there and
I told her I'm in Singapore and then her reply was classic.
"Oh you think you can fly over here to collect your winnings?"
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

seems that when times are bad, i receive more and more calls from tele-marketeers.

my work is busy, and when my phone rings, and its by someone whom i dunno, and trying to pitch some "good deals" to me, i get very irritated. jus feel like screaming into the mouth piece and make him/her deaf (of course i dun do tat). but after i identified tat as a nuisance call, i jus hang up w/o saying anything.

i understand that they are also making a living, but receiving a few of such calls a day dun exactly makes me feel good. somemore, i dun ve free incoming.

so, wats your experience w these ppl.

*btw, i receive the most from companies acting on behalf of HSBC.

They have a hard life, esp if they r students on holiday jobs. personally, i tried tele-marketing before. They really got a very hard life. Harder if they dun have an understanding boss...

Btw, i think your contacts have fallen into the hands of market research companies.... And there is no way back unless u change your number and make sure aft u changed it, be very careful abt anything which ask you for your number, if possible, jus leave it blank. If prompted to put fill it in, juz crap some stuff and say its against your principle to do so...

so what if they have to make a living.
telemarketing is one of those forms of marketing that irritate 1000 people for every 1 person they reach

Haha, not so bad la, success rate much higher... Last time i only doing research, not selling anything, end up some of those i called wanted to buy my company's products upon hearing my reason for calling them....

I juz say "ni shi bu shi ZHA PIAN JI TUAN" and they immediately hung up. Works like a charm! i guess its guilty concious at work.....

I set my phone to accept calls from the list in my phonebook, so such nuisance calls will be directed to voicemail.

How to do that? Every phone can do??

another issue is credit card promoters at bus interchange/MRT stations.

usually, i dress very sloopy, and they ignore me.

last week, at bugis MRT, saw a uncle and a citi "banker" quarrel. apparently, the banker approached the uncle to promote some stuff and the uncle called him a crook (perhaps indirectly related to the sub-prime and mini bond issues). obviously, the banker not happy and blah blah blah... ...

i do understand that everyone got to make a living. but many times, conflicts do arise.

another issue is credit card promoters at bus interchange/MRT stations.

usually, i dress very sloopy, and they ignore me.

last week, at bugis MRT, saw a uncle and a citi "banker" quarrel. apparently, the banker approached the uncle to promote some stuff and the uncle called him a crook (perhaps indirectly related to the sub-prime and mini bond issues). obviously, the banker not happy and blah blah blah... ...

i do understand that everyone got to make a living. but many times, conflicts do arise.

oh ho, this one i'm quite safe. :) i look like 16 year old kid.

a big +1

on that, just because they're making a living does not mean they can be a$$holez. how many can anyone tolerate till the gloves are off? :rolleyes:

tele-marketeers are still ok.

the worst is those china/HK scammers... "先生,你会讲华语吗?"

Status
Not open for further replies.