Status
Not open for further replies.
ortega said:
:bigeyes: panning bird shots??!!!???!!!

if bird is sharp and have movement from panning
and you want the background to be black
how to see the movement?

moving black bg is still black, no difference

I dun think he understand what is the meaning of exposure...

seriously lor, i would wonder how he get black if he is going to do panning, cos panning = long exposure den will brighten the background lor... funny... so i wonder how he going to get black...

Hoky said:
I saw on documentary how they shoot bats... they fly so fast they have to use special 40 flashes (flashing one by one) at 1/2000s sync to the bat's movement... Solid man..
I think you will need that only if you want to study their wing movements when they are flying. I don't think we will need that if it's just for artistic purposes.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
I dun think he understand what is the meaning of exposure...

seriously lor, i would wonder how he get black if he is going to do panning, cos panning = long exposure den will brighten the background lor... funny... so i wonder how he going to get black...

Oops... I didn't take note that you mentioned the fast shutter in the top.. Pai seh lar...
I replied during work mah... never give enuf thought coz must be discreet...

My mind full of thoughts, thinking of how the photog managed to get the bird shot... You know those that they sell in the bookshops with a theme like soar, or sucess or something like that.

Hmmm... fast shutter, smaller aperture, high ISO (my lens slow mah).... got the ingredients... juz need to cook the recipe. Frankly speaking, dunno where to start... maybe juz whack first... if static shots cannot then do panning on long shutter.... (lots of PS to do then)... wish me luck.

lsisaxon said:
I think you will need that only if you want to study their wing movements when they are flying. I don't think we will need that if it's just for artistic purposes.

Yah, the documentary was studying about bat flying patterns...

Status
Not open for further replies.