tele converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

qert

Dec 20, 2004
just wondering, what does a tele converter do? i've seen 2x..what's the 2x for?

as for wide angle, seems like only the olympus one is suitable for FZ20?

2x means the zoom, for example 12x2=24. So u get 24x zoom on ur fz-20, if i m not wrong. the olympus wcon is suitable, but u need a adapter like the phayee adapter or chen tube.

U must get the correct thread also. Original thread is 72mm. U can step down to either 62mm or 58mm..

U may not need a Tcon unless u taking far shot e.g Moon. hehehe...

I think Wcon and close up len is much useful. :thumbsup:

josho said:
U must get the correct thread also. Original thread is 72mm. U can step down to either 62mm or 58mm..

U may not need a Tcon unless u taking far shot e.g Moon. hehehe...

I think Wcon and close up len is much useful. :thumbsup:

how to step down ??

buy which adapter ?? buy which filter, wat size ?? :dunno:

k3nn3th03 said:
how to step down ??

buy which adapter ?? buy which filter, wat size ?? :dunno:

Filter wise. Im got mine Hoya UV filter 62mm. Step down adpater from 72mm to 62mm.. I dunno which to recommend. Some ppl had mention in this thread.

Size wise, for my case I will get a step down from 62mm to 58mm Just a small ring..

If not U can straightaway buy stepdown to 55mm.. Because the bigger the thread it is, the more costing u gonna pay for it..

Look like i gonna find the step down ring liao.. Jim Davis!!! When u free??? :lovegrin:

tkp77 said:
I guess, before buying a stepdown ring, you need to consider other than using it for filters, what aother things you might want to attached it with?

Example, you might want to get a WCON, TCON or close up filters.

for my case, I just bought a WCON, and the thread is a 58mm, therefore I will need to get a stepdown ring from 62mm(Adaptor) to 58mm.
To reduce the trouble of removing the stepdown ring when using the filter, I also purchase a UV filter(58mm) & Circular Polarizer(58mm). All in all with the WCON, cost me less than S$150.

The WCON comes with a Macro lens too. Quite a good buy. Thanks to JimDavis for the recommendation.

The shop also sells a TCON (2x) at S$120. tested by JimDavis, was quite good, but due to my shakey hands, the shot I tested was not so good.
I did not buy the TCON because FZ20 already got 12x Zoom. (its enough for you to shoot that pretty girl across the street) so no need to add anymore TCON. But unless you are interested in shooting birds and nature, and most of the time you are unable to move close to the subject, then you need a TCON.

BTW, WCON stands for Wide Convertor, TCON stands for Tele Convertor.

So Josho, want to get the WCON??? kekeke.... (I told you the ERS was not enough right!!!) I hope there will be a few more times of ERS... keke...lol

Wcon wat brand n from where?? 58mm thread?

i aiming that WCON and Polariser and Step down ring..

But dun u have a 62 UV? I still cant understand why u need at 58mm UV leh. LOL

The polariser u got is singler layer?? or... I aint sure about polariser. hehe :think:

Im wondering I go alone will kena chop by the shop or not...

:bsmilie:

not so fast la. haahhaa save up first.... hehehe

So, from ur 62mm adpater u put on ur step down ring then ur filter then ur WCON right?

EDIT: Im going Sentosa for some photo shooting.. wanna go? SMS me once u see this msg.. hehhe timing not cfm or we decide tmr in morning

I'm not using the filter in between....
The filter is use to protect my camera LENS when not using the WCON.
So I don't have to remove the stepdown ring all the time...

Sorry, I meeting my friend in the afternoon, don't think can join you guys, as its kind of rush for me...

You all have fun in Sentosa.... ME actually kind of want to go, coz very long time never go there liaz... maybe next time...

I'm using Olympus Tcon 1.7. At 12x (734mm), 9 out of 10 shot are blur (perhaps i don't have steady hands). Using a Monopod solve the problem quite abit. So if you are using the Tcon to shot wildlife, you may consider getting a Monopod as well. :)

Wah liew... you all are tempting me to sell my wcon lehz... Got an extra battery today...

how much is the hoya 58 CP...? I was thinking of the tokina 62 CP...
seem cheap... less than 30

josho said:
So, from ur 62mm adpater u put on ur step down ring then ur filter then ur WCON right?

For the WCON lens that both tkp77 and I have, if you want to have filter, you will need to put the filter first, then the lens, that is, filter between the lens hood and WCON.

Bear in mind that try not to stack up too many filters in between, beware that the thread or the filter may give way, since the WCON lens is relatively heavier.

I will not be in SG from Tuesday onward, if you want my presence at the shop, probably has to be the week after.

I don't think I can "eat snake" on Monday. There are a lot of things need to be settled before I set off.

Hong Jia said:
Wah liew... you all are tempting me to sell my wcon lehz... Got an extra battery today...

how much is the hoya 58 CP...? I was thinking of the tokina 62 CP...
seem cheap... less than 30

Where do you get your battery and how much huh?

Thought of rushing down to one of the shops to get another battery. My Eastgear seems to be running low fast nowadays...

ddwmk2002 said:
I'm using Olympus Tcon 1.7. At 12x (734mm), 9 out of 10 shot are blur (perhaps i don't have steady hands). Using a Monopod solve the problem quite abit. So if you are using the Tcon to shot wildlife, you may consider getting a Monopod as well. :)

I think tkp77 encountered the same problem when he tested the 2x TCON at the shop. Images turned out blur.

I could not believe, but try it out(can't remember if it is tkp77 cam or mine, but guess there should not be significant different) and find that the images are sharp.

tkp77 tried out later after confirming from me that it should work, and I think he was convinced. :)

So, you are right that if someone were to use TCON lens, you will either need to have the iron-like stready arms like mine, ;p or get a monopod.

George,

I got mine from AP... the "Digital" brand on the box... $25 dollars... hear it is short life than the Eastgear one... but it is 9 dollars cheaper... or should i say 10... Eastgear one now 34.95 ritez... The Inforcom at Funan oso got sell eastgear battery but i dunno if have for FZ-10... Caught a glimpse of the batteries on the shelves... MS oso have this "Digital" brand battery, but dunno if they have stock for FZ-10, maybe you can try call them up and ask first... confirm the price... should be 25 or less...

Cheers...

Oh yah... i was at funan today... So i eng eng went about asking for Nikon 6T...

Surprise no where to be found...

AP - dun have
CP - only have 5T, 6T ordered but never come yet... he say order for long time liao... Estimated price: 78
TCW - dun have
Shop at penni 2rd floor in front of escal - oso dun have

Anyone noes where got sell...?

Hong Jia said:
Oh yah... i was at funan today... So i eng eng went about asking for Nikon 6T...

AP - dun have
CP - only have 5T, 6T ordered but never come yet... he say order for long time liao... Estimated price: 78
TCW - dun have

WOW! Can see someone is preparing for Macro liaoz....

Go on to the net and buy, maybe easier. :dunno:

Well... i was waiting for my jean to be altered mahz... so eng eng have to walk around so i go ask ask lor...

Well... all my shots still cannot make it... macro later even worse...

Hong Jia said:

AP - dun have
TCW - dun have

TK photo use to carry the 6T too. But do give them a ring before heading down. Understand most places in sg is out of stock. You will have to wait for the next indent shipment (not sure when).

where is TK photo... Paiseh

I only noe AP, CP, MS n TCW... What does TK stands for...

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.