Tele. Con. reduce aperture, what about WA con?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Hi guys, I have this question.

When a 1.4xTC is used, we loose 1 stop. 2xTC looses 2 stop.

So what if a 0.5x WA con. is use? do we gain 2 stop?

Thanks.

hmm... so if i buy a 70-200 f2.8 den i can get a 35-100 f1.4 instantly... nice leh...

but i think its even worse... if use WA, it would also loose 2 stop, cos of the extra piece of glass & extension. so most likely if u have 17-35 f2.8 will most likely become a f5.6 and worse... suffer from more distortion & vignetting...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm... so if i buy a 70-200 f2.8 den i can get a 35-100 f1.4 instantly... nice leh...

but i think its even worse... if use WA, it would also loose 2 stop, cos of the extra piece of glass & extension. so most likely if u have 17-35 f2.8 will most likely become a f5.6 and worse... suffer from more distortion & vignetting...

Is there a wide angle convertor even in the first place to put in between the lens and the camera body ? and even if you are talking abt the one that is placed in front of the lens.. I don't think there are any with a diameter thread as large to be placed infront of a 70-200mm f2.8.

majere2sg said:
Is there a wide angle convertor even in the first place to put in between the lens and the camera body ?
There are WA convertors which you can put in front of the front element one. :)
Looked through an Olyumpus one in front of a 200/2.8, dunno ask Mpenza.

yup, I am referring to those that are screw on infront of the lens. So what happens to the aperture? Does if gets "smaller" as per TC?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.