Tekong is so beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloyteo

Sep 14, 2005
aloyteo.multiply.com
my bmt in tekong is coming to an end :cool: and i swear that tekong has simply the best natural landscapes one can find in singapore. the reclaimed land area looks like those wide african grasslands with a few isolated trees scattered around. during our morning walks, we can see a layer of fog floating above the ground and with the beautiful sunrise, we forgot all our tiredness. we can even see the CBD buildings from there aligned just behind changi airport control tower. and when the afternoon thunderstorms came, the sky was absoutely dramatic with clearly defined bands of rain approaching from the far distant. some relatively high hill in johor provided a splendid finishing touch to the backdrop. at night, the sky was filled densely with stars. all the time i was furious that i do not have my camera by my side to shoot, only my rifle ;) i hope that someday photographers can get permission to shoot on the island but i doubt so that it would ever happen....

to all guys who have not enter tekong yet, treasure ur time there. its a once in a lifetime experience, minus all the tekaning and arti drills haha :bsmilie:

other ns guys please share ur experiences too.:)

boy boy, i was in tekong abt 20 years back, so much better then.

the bumboats fm changi jetty was so 'ancient'....the island was much more 'untouched'

i admit the sunrise there is beautiful,morning sun glows when you do your area cleaning.
marching to the cookhouse for breakfast when the sun have yet to wake up. :thumbsup:

aloyteo said:
my bmt in tekong is coming to an end :cool: and i swear that tekong has simply the best natural landscapes one can find in singapore. the reclaimed land area looks like those wide african grasslands with a few isolated trees scattered around. during our morning walks, we can see a layer of fog floating above the ground and with the beautiful sunrise, we forgot all our tiredness. we can even see the CBD buildings from there aligned just behind changi airport control tower. and when the afternoon thunderstorms came, the sky was absoutely dramatic with clearly defined bands of rain approaching from the far distant. some relatively high hill in johor provided a splendid finishing touch to the backdrop. at night, the sky was filled densely with stars. all the time i was furious that i do not have my camera by my side to shoot, only my rifle ;) i hope that someday photographers can get permission to shoot on the island but i doubt so that it would ever happen....

to all guys who have not enter tekong yet, treasure ur time there. its a once in a lifetime experience, minus all the tekaning and arti drills haha :bsmilie:

other ns guys please share ur experiences too.:)

while walking back to sispec with my head looking up (walking along the long stretch of striaght road at the reclaimed land) i saw 6 sporadic meteors. of course not all at the same time...

where is that? how to get there?

htthach said:
where is that? how to get there?

Its a military training island so only times you can go there is:

#1 You enlist and get posted there for basic training
#2 Your son is enlisting and you attend the sending off part
#3 You attend the POP for recruits

Futhermore it being a military place photographic equipment is controlled...but yes my barrack was facing the ocean and there were some speactacular sunsets too bad no time to enjoy those...

raptor84 said:
Its a military training island so only times you can go there is:

#1 You enlist and get posted there for basic training
#2 Your son is enlisting and you attend the sending off part
#3 You attend the POP for recruits

Futhermore it being a military place photographic equipment is controlled...but yes my barrack was facing the ocean and there were some speactacular sunsets too bad no time to enjoy those...

heh i kinda miss that place. would love to go back for a walk...

Stereobox said:
fall in and march, left-right-left-right! cepat jalan!

y u march off b4 u gave command? :bsmilie: jkin..
i only went into tekong for 2 mths back in sispec 3 yrs ago.
somehow the ferry was lik a sleeping pill for me.. doze off once sitting it. :D

zzzz i hate tt place sia... gives me headaches and bad memories of my land phase training there.... urgh

dunno when will i return to the island again... it is the most "wild" place singapore has to offer and only guys have the chance of experiecing it.

thinking about it, my pop is only 9 days later! ;)

aloyteo said:
dunno when will i return to the island again... it is the most "wild" place singapore has to offer and only guys have the chance of experiecing it.

thinking about it, my pop is only 9 days later! ;)

... ... ... ... ...

:bsmilie:

don't be too nostalgic about it, you'll get wilder places

I was glad to get off that silly island :bsmilie:

the place u slept at tekong i.e the rubber plantation during field camp is wayyyyyyy much better... at least u sleep normally

try sleeping at the those sucky terrian .. scukkz

5yr ago at there been grill n train. Zzzzz:sticktong never really got the chance to admire the tekong beauty. haha

VR2 said:
y u march off b4 u gave command? :bsmilie: jkin..
i only went into tekong for 2 mths back in sispec 3 yrs ago.
somehow the ferry was lik a sleeping pill for me.. doze off once sitting it. :D

hmm your sispec is only 2 month?

aloyteo said:
..... during our morning walks,.....

Morning walks! BMT these days really like chalet! :bsmilie:

The best view gotta be overseas ex. :thumbsup: Me normally on mountain top, surely got nice sun rise/set and fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.