Tekong Cough


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2004
508
0
0
www.flickr.com
#1
hey guys...got a pretty bad case of it...how long did it last for you guys? don't really want to attend b and miss out on the trainings...any suggestions for curing it?
 

jlchong

New Member
Aug 7, 2004
433
0
0
37
Redhill
#3
No cure one.. just dun see MO abt it.. and ''endure''

haha..
 

kevdead

New Member
May 8, 2006
169
0
0
Marine Parade
#4
dr34mc4st3r said:
it ended when i POPed. :cry:
Same same!

agentmonkey: There is no cure one as long as you are there you will get it. It's not the air thou. It's the water you drink there. Probably can bring chuan bei pi pa kau, it help ease abit when you go to bed.
 

kevdead

New Member
May 8, 2006
169
0
0
Marine Parade
#5
Ohh... and notice your sgt, pc and those perm staff there don't have this cough? Hehe... coz they drink from the water cooler which filter the water first. While you poor soul drank directly from the tap, if you fill up in a transparent bottle or glass, you will know why i said it's the water.
 

Ukay

New Member
Apr 10, 2006
56
0
0
#6
kevdead said:
Ohh... and notice your sgt, pc and those perm staff there don't have this cough? Hehe... coz they drink from the water cooler which filter the water first. While you poor soul drank directly from the tap, if you fill up in a transparent bottle or glass, you will know why i said it's the water.
i agree.. its the water.... i only got rid of the damn cough after i pop... its sickening.....
 

Dec 9, 2004
1,479
0
0
Sembawang
#7
agentmonkey said:
hey guys...got a pretty bad case of it...how long did it last for you guys? don't really want to attend b and miss out on the trainings...any suggestions for curing it?
nt sure if its the water but almost everyone who go tekong for BMT are sure to get it....for me, think I got it during the 3rd or 4th week ba....

actually nt much u can do to cure it......u decide ba...if u can endure den endure, if nt just see MO ba....
 

Dec 9, 2004
1,479
0
0
Sembawang
#8
kevdead said:
Ohh... and notice your sgt, pc and those perm staff there don't have this cough? Hehe... coz they drink from the water cooler which filter the water first. While you poor soul drank directly from the tap, if you fill up in a transparent bottle or glass, you will know why i said it's the water.
actually this tekong sickness onli happen during the early stages of the BMT leh....if its the water, wouldnt it has lasted longer? :dunno:
 

jlchong

New Member
Aug 7, 2004
433
0
0
37
Redhill
#9
its not the water.

i stayed in tekong for 2.5 years. it's just the body's immune system. the body cannot take the tough activities day in day out after slacking for 18 years. it takes time to build up the immune system. just endure .. u will be fine.

and pls la. perm staff also drink from tap water... water cooler also not exactly that clean.

u dun see sispec trainees getting tekong cough.
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
#10
the water is really dirty loh ..
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#11
It's just a matter of getting used to friggin dirty conditions. It's part of the conditioning process.
 

Jun 15, 2003
135
0
0
Visit site
#12
I encountered this when i am in BMT also. Most of us gotten it. Just keep a very close monitor on this (this is your respiratory system). Or go to MO get some medicine.

It's seem like a common sign.:D
 

Feb 23, 2006
113
0
0
Sengkang
#13
I tink it is the excessive chlorine in the water in tekong. It irritates ur throat, causing the cough. Anyway, by the 8th or 9th wk ur throat shd get used to it, which explains y the perm staff n the sispec trainees dun get the cough. Doesnt matter whether u drink frm the cooler anot. Logical?
 

roadrunner_552

Senior Member
Aug 16, 2005
2,516
5
0
East
#14
also got it last time, only manage to get better after POP. :confused:
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#15
u guys are lucky... mine is still ard and comes back every now and then to haunt me... even tho i POPed more than 10yrs liao. got it from my stay with Gryphon... :confused:
 

kevdead

New Member
May 8, 2006
169
0
0
Marine Parade
#17
It's subjective then. If you are perm staff there, you shall know where the water come from. Water from tekong don't mainly come from mainland singapore, so where it comes from? I agree is probably the adaptation to the dirty water or excessive chlorine level in the water that's why is gone after a period of time.

Well, i don't know for you guys who is perm staff there. But this water thingy related to the cough was told by my PC, he was the idiot who fill up water from the tap in a clear mineral water bottle and show us how dirty it was. And one of the MO, ehh... only remember his surname as Yap, Dr Yap also mention is the water. It haunts the whole platoon for as long as we POP. l0l.

Yeah! Go Gryphon! We is neighbour! I is Kilo! Go Kilo.
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#18
kevdead said:
It's subjective then. If you are perm staff there, you shall know where the water come from. Water from tekong don't mainly come from mainland singapore, so where it comes from? I agree is probably the adaptation to the dirty water or excessive chlorine level in the water that's why is gone after a period of time.

Well, i don't know for you guys who is perm staff there. But this water thingy related to the cough was told by my PC, he was the idiot who fill up water from the tap in a clear mineral water bottle and show us how dirty it was. And one of the MO, ehh... only remember his surname as Yap, Dr Yap also mention is the water. It haunts the whole platoon for as long as we POP. l0l.

Yeah! Go Gryphon! We is neighbour! I is Kilo! Go Kilo.
lucky u... at least ur PC bothered to show u. when i was there, we were caught in no-man's land cos all the PCs and Sgts were going to ROD, so most of the time they were all clearing leave. still remembered i got reservist sgts and PCs standing in for them during training. also, b4 tekong became a holiday resort, all botaks had to gong-gong fill up our bottles at the water point. where got water coolers?? :confused:

ha! kilo is still on the top floor? gryphon was on the 2nd back then. ;p
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#20
i actually got it after pop, at changi air base, the cough lasted me 1 entire month, my poor buddy had to endure my coughing at night!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom