Teen slashed in AMK

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
Teen slashed in AMK

A 17-YEAR-OLD was slashed on Thursday in Ang Mo Kio in another incident of youth violence.

According to a police spokesman, the victim and the attacker were acquaintances. Officers searched the area but did not find the attacker and the weapon.

The victim was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

A police spokesman told straitstimes.com that preliminary investigations suggested the incident 'is not gang related'.

The fight, which took place in front of patrons of a 24-hour restaurant at Block 448, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, reportedly occurred after a loud dispute and a shoving match.

This latest incident comes after a teen was slashed to death at Downtown East and seven others were attacked in Bukit Panjang.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_604990.html

Looks like our teenagers in Singapore are getting more VIOLENT!!! :sweat:

Looks like our teenagers in Singapore are getting more VIOLENT!!! :sweat:

I think they've decided it's the new trend after the first report of the downtown east slashing. That's bad.

I think they've decided it's the new trend after the first report of the downtown east slashing. That's bad.

My concern is that there will be many 'copy cats' cases in future :confused:

life is too comfortable in Singapore, young people don't how to appreciate good life.

They think money is easy to earn, and jobs will be there pick and choose after they graduated... oh they are damm wrong !

Good grief. Slashing seems to be the latest trend...and things are getting out of hand.. :bigeyes:

i believe these incident happen now and then, just that its gets more media attention nowadays...

yes.

i have seen numerous fights in estates on various occasions through the years, but hardly any are reported.

you bet if one of those funny fights resulted in someone being dead, the focus on reporting would shift to every single fight. this is what is happening here.

i believe these incident happen now and then, just that its gets more media attention nowadays...

... which is good ! these people need to know this is Singapore, people need to know how to treat life and society with respect.

Last edited:
... which is good ! these people need to know this is Singapore, people need to know how to treat life and society with respect.

or we might need to think what is actually going on with these kids. what were their parents/sch/ or themselves doing?

or we might need to think what is actually going on with these kids. what were their parents/sch/ or themselves doing?

it is the games they are playing, they couldn't find guns, so they used knifes and sticks.

wah this is like back in the 90s man....

and now this incident is in my own hometown, geesh.....

sigh.................

if they use poo, consider violent??

time to learn new hobby, attend anger management course or end up in prison to clean the iron grills.

Maybe the government should promote Plants vs Zombies instead, then can promote healthy eating habits at the same time, because youths will start shoving peas into each others' mouths

things is definately getting more attentions.. parliment is going start a discussion on this ..

Maybe the government should promote Plants vs Zombies instead, then can promote healthy eating habits at the same time, because youths will start shoving peas into each others' mouths

not if they using the DOOM SHROOM:bsmilie:

Singapore youths of today are not only getting "street-violence"..

The developed countries like the U.S and the U.K have their problems of youths related gangs violence...

Singapore youths of today are not only getting "street-violence"..

The developed countries like the U.S and the U.K have their problems of youths related gangs violence...

singapore biggest gang is still the police force...

any so called "freedom" these gangs have are just how high the ceiling the police set only...