Technique to quickly change Digital SLR Camera lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this. Nice and handy, but I think you'd need pretty big hands to do this, and also assumes you're using a fairly light camera without a battery grip. With a large and heavy camera this would pose some issues. Maybe some day I'd try, but at the moment I wouldn't even trust myself to do this right! :sweatsm:

Thanks for sharing. I also feel that it will be rather difficult to execute the quick len change if the camera body itself and lens are large and heavy to hold. I wouldn't want to risk dropping the len :D

thanks man! it was really helpful!

NIce for you to share this. I might not hink of doing this on my cam. the body seems heavy enuf for me. Te risk of dropping both lens and body is high risk.

Not a high risk taker when it comes to this.

Thank you!

Very useful information for a newbie like me :D

hrm.

you mean people usually take out lens, drop it in pouch, then put on the other lens? 0.o

still got mouth to hold lens cover.. :bsmilie:

Thanks for sharing. Try doing that with lens hoods on =/

I just tried it with 2 small lenses and it seems quite smooth....

But I can't imagine trying it with heavy lenses.... :sweat:

But I can't imagine trying it with heavy lenses.... :sweat:

don't buy heavy lenses. :)

most of the time you'd need this on travel more than anything else, if you bring a 50-500 or something like that on holiday.. you must be really, really, really fit, then no problem. :bsmilie:

don't buy heavy lenses. :)

most of the time you'd need this on travel more than anything else, if you bring a 50-500 or something like that on holiday.. you must be really, really, really fit, then no problem. :bsmilie:

I got old heavy lens... like the pull push 70-210.... :bsmilie:

hmm.. thanks for sharing.
Its uncommon for me to be that much of a hurry to change lens though. :)

thanks for sharing. the method is quite interesting. think it is more suitable for lighter lenses & camera body.

don't it works for heavy lens, like 70-200mm f2.8.

i switch my 70-200 f4 and 24-70 f2.8 combat shoot style..like changing magazines.. basically i take out the 2nd lens from pouch n put between right elbow n torso...remove the 1st lens from camera n drop into pouch on left hip..then mount the 2nd lens..

his method is only good for small lenses n bodies, i wun dare to do this with a gripped 30D, hehe

i rather not try as a moment's butter fingers can potential drop and damage the lenses.

I just tried ! very fast ahah ... usually i take out one, put in my canon bag then put the next lens in. Very slow and clumsy. but i recommend we try this method with your camera bag just underneath to 'catch' any slips haha

Quite easy to do with my smaller prime lenses. .

If both lenses are 77mm threaded my palm too small! :bsmilie:

Ryan

I've tried that, but the two lens with 77mm thread drop.:angry: lucky is on my bed. But it works well for smaller lens

Status
Not open for further replies.