Technicolour

webmaster03

Jun 1, 2008
5163586423_98348eb499_z.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Mainly composition and colour saturation (edited using curves in CS4) but any other pointers and observations are welcome

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
I was going for a fashion-lifestyle feel, with vibrant and over-saturated colours and a nice big lens flare on the side to make things a little more interesting.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
The photograph was taken at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney, Australia sometime in the early afternoon on a clear winter's day sometime in June when I was on vacation there with some friends. The shot was taken when I spied my friend adjusting her shoe and thought the pose pretty neat.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
I think its a rather happy photograph and I like the vibrant colours and the way the lens flare turned out.

I like this shot as well! :)
unfortunately, there are a few distracting elements, such as your friend's pink bag on the ground, and the person in the background with the white/blue/pink striped jumper.

Otherwise it's a good shot. Yes I like the lens flare and the backlighting :angel:

haha yeah i instantly noticed those distracting elements as well after i reviewed the photo but there was nothing i could do. if i ever get the chance to set this up again i'll be sure to get rid of the bag and random people haha.thanks for the pointers =)

Love that multi color flare. Very old school... I like it.

thanks! it is pretty old-school eh. haven't seen many people do it these days.

thanks! it is pretty old-school eh. haven't seen many people do it these days.

It is more from the old film days... nowadays people tend to like to do the washed out flare thingy.

cool rimlighting

that yellow on the left and right is jumping right out of the picture, i would tone it down.you can lose the bag, it is more of a distraction than anything else. so is the dude with his pink bag in the distance.

It is more from the old film days... nowadays people tend to like to do the washed out flare thingy.

Yes totally! I noticed a lot of people using washed-out flares. Like..everywhere...

That's why I wanted things to be a little different :D

cool rimlighting

that yellow on the left and right is jumping right out of the picture, i would tone it down.you can lose the bag, it is more of a distraction than anything else. so is the dude with his pink bag in the distance.

oh yeah...didn't notice the yellow before. thanks!

and I completely agree with your comment about the bag and the dude. but I think its a little hard to get rid of them in this photo...the next time I get a chance to take a similar shot will try to minimize these distractions.

cheers.

this is interesting... will try learn this effect someday

this is interesting... will try learn this effect someday

its quite straightforward! just a matter of positioning yourself in relation to the sun and the model. go try! =D

cool rimlighting

agree. ts, you have to be aware of what is in your frame when the shot is taken. Interesting colours though.

yup. i'll bear that in mind.