Status
Not open for further replies.

lewfs

Jan 19, 2002
West Zone
Visit site
Hi all,

Need some technical advise on digital camera filter:
a) What effect does UV, PL & FD filter provide? Can you show some picture to tell the different?
b) How do I know which filter is the correct size, as in if I'm going to the shop to buy filter, how am I going to tell the people there?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by lewfs
Hi all,

Need some technical advise on digital camera filter:
a) What effect does UV, PL & FD filter provide? Can you show some picture to tell the different?
b) How do I know which filter is the correct size, as in if I'm going to the shop to buy filter, how am I going to tell the people there?

Thanks in advance.

For the filter size, theer is a few standard size. Just tell the shop assistant the thread size.

For the effect of the filter, do search teh net for more result. www.yahoo.com

Originally posted by binbeto

For the filter size, theer is a few standard size. Just tell the shop assistant the thread size.

For the effect of the filter, do search teh net for more result. www.yahoo.com

I know there are few standard size, like 28mm, 37mm. How does the naming convention go? As for the internet search, I have go thru' some site, but they are quite brief and no photo to show the different. Since this is a technical forums, I am expecting some technical suggestion. Thanks

Originally posted by lewfs

I know there are few standard size, like 28mm, 37mm. How does the naming convention go? As for the internet search, I have go thru' some site, but they are quite brief and no photo to show the different. Since this is a technical forums, I am expecting some technical suggestion. Thanks

If you but the lens, you will know it's filter size. a few size i know is 82mm,77, 72, 67, 62, 52 and others. Read the manual of the DC or lens, it will normally be stated there.

As togu has proven, you didn't look hard enuff. Who say this is a technical forum? :D Not that no one bother to explain, it's rather difficult and who will keep pic that tell the different.

This is a forum for photography, that's all. (Though some may think this is a camera forum :p)

Typical filter sizes ranges are as follows (in mm):
82, 77, 72, 67, 62, 58, 52, 49

You need to use one that suits the diameter size of your filter thread of your lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.