Technical question about slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
Read this particular sentence from the Jan issue of PHOTOi, page 20, "For the love of film":

(Color Slide Films) Tip: shoot with the correct ISO set but select -1/3rd to give better saturation.

I've read somewhere else in this forum (but can't seem to find it) that people usually downrate their slides films to give better saturation, e.g. ISO 100 but shoot at EI 80. Technically does that equate to shooting at EI 100 but setting EV +1/3rd?

So, what does the PHOTOi sentence above means? Shooting at EI 100 but set EV -1/3rd?

I'm kinda having some conflict in messages here... :confused:

my take on it is exactly as you put it. set to iso 100/200 whatever, but compensate -1/3 . i think it depends on what you like. i tried this -1/3 setting but didnt quite take to it. when i use film i usually set it to where the LEDs or the needle is centered but pointing slightly down..
so it goes back to your tastes...

hope this helps...

cheers.

Ah Pao said:
I've read somewhere else in this forum (but can't seem to find it) that people usually downrate their slides films to give better saturation, e.g. ISO 100 but shoot at EI 80. Technically does that equate to shooting at EI 100 but setting EV +1/3rd?

So, what does the PHOTOi sentence above means? Shooting at EI 100 but set EV -1/3rd?

I'm kinda having some conflict in messages here... :confused:

Techniclly, shooting at EI80 using ISO 100 is setting EV + 1/3.

However, from my knowledge, one underexpose by about 1/3 stop or set EV -1/3 to increase saturation.

Status
Not open for further replies.