Tech-Bound

Raied

Jun 13, 2007
Clementi
www.krasnajaphoto.com
IMG_0508_Small.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Framing/composition, B&W conversion, crop

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
First I thought to show them probably skiving off at work, but during PP I realized that technology doesn't elude us even when we're in the jungle; hence the title.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I was in Vietnam and during this day I took a tour to the Chu Chi Tunnels. While the guide was explaining to us the various traps and how they worked bla bla bla, I spotted these two chaps in uniform chilling away right behind the shed where the traps were on display. I thought it an interesting situation and decide to include the bamboo pillars (although you couldn't really make it out in the picture) to give it a little "voyeur" or "caught in the act" feel to it. I gave it a 2.35:1 crop as I thought this would cut out the unnecessary stuff and help focus on the two blokes there. It's in Black n White cause I'm PP-ing the whole set/trip to be that way.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think the guy on the left is nicely placed, but the fellow on the hammock is kinda hard to spot and separate from the BG cause the uniform he's wearing and the leaves and ground behind is the same colour so when convert to B&W it's probably the same tone and he doesn't really stand out too much from the hammock as well.

i think the theme of "contrast" in the photo can be further explored, e.g. sitting vs sleeping, dark vs light. perhaps also add in a bit of cross-processing as well.
7637352790_e2cc0cdff6_o.jpg

composition seems to be ok, i just feel that the guy in the hammok can be more contrasty with the fallen leaves~