Tearing down our history - Tyersall House

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tyersall considered private property......if the land owner wanna tear down....dun think anybody can do much also. :p

sbs99 said:
I think Tyersall considered private property......if the land owner wanna tear down....dun think anybody can do much also. :p

Yes, the govt can stop it. But I can't say anything about Changi Prison... :rbounce:
Oh, sidetrack a little.... Anyone hd pictures of the Prison?

This is sad that another building with history and heritage is going to be torn down. Sometimes I wonder what these people are up to. Slowly, our heritage buildings and even hawker/food centres in the city area are going down in dust. Tyersall House is on a location far from the main roads. Why don't they develop the areas closer to the main roads without touching Tyersall House?

I still don't understand why the Hill Street Food Centre was torn down. It's been more than 3 years since it was torn down and nothing has been done to the site it was at. Why tear it down when there's no plans to develop the place? Hill Street was one of the few places in town where you can get cheap and good food.

KoolBlue said:
This is sad that another building with history and heritage is going to be torn down. Sometimes I wonder what these people are up to. Slowly, our heritage buildings and even hawker/food centres in the city area are going down in dust. Tyersall House is on a location far from the main roads. Why don't they develop the areas closer to the main roads without touching Tyersall House?

I still don't understand why the Hill Street Food Centre was torn down. It's been more than 3 years since it was torn down and nothing has been done to the site it was at. Why tear it down when there's no plans to develop the place? Hill Street was one of the few places in town where you can get cheap and good food.
I miss the kway teow, the chicken rice & the sugarcane juice :)

Anyone planning to sneak in this weekend? Can I follow you?

I went there last thursday 5 pm but the gate bangra stopped me.

Sausage said:
Anyone planning to sneak in this weekend? Can I follow you?

I went there last thursday 5 pm but the gate bangra stopped me.

24 hours guard?
If yes, try Holland Road.

2 dirt tracks leading in. That's also another way in.
But you have to walk across the worksite.

You're right.

It happens to outram park and the old hawker centre at Bedok opposite the camp. The outram park flats are very unique, there used to be a restaurant there which I often went before they demolish the whole place, now it is a state land with no use whatsoever.

Soon they are tearing down the ABC food centre also!

If anyone's been there, it offers nice food with nice variety. Soon future singaporeans will not know of their existence and will miss out the good food at cheap price. As previously when they upgrade the maxwell market, the rickshaw noodles only $0.60 but after upgrade it becomes $1.20, double the price but the atmosphere is not there anymore.

Money yes, Heritage no.

I went in today at 6pm. Works had stopped for the day, but there was a worker there, so I went out again. :(

t36xk.jpg

This little bungalow is gone, but the guardhouse, the overgrown structure and the main palace is still there.

saturday morning they dun have half day construction work?

nowadays construction work 24/7...the workers work in shifts...but those are for major projects.....tyersall im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.