Teach me about B&W!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoomer

Feb 4, 2002
Singapore
reverac.com
I will be getting my hands on a darkroom next week, so, can you guys give me any tutorials/tips/pointers about developing b&w and b&w pictures in general?

If you have informative bookmarks about it, I'll really appriciate it too.

Thanks! :)

Hope you will enjoy the smell of Developer, Stopper & Fixer.....:D

Develop B&W is very very very simple, just make sure ur developer on the right temp. & prepare a stop watch. But don't worry, always 1 Celcius different or few second is not the problem. expecially on low ISO like 50 or 100 ...you wont get any big effect.....And you will enjoy when roll the film into film tank in the dark room without safe light......:devil:

On printing, u just need extra one stopper chemical, other developer & fixer will be the same as develop chemical...normally for beginner u will learn how to print contact print, how to choose different grade of paper for different contrast...
Later u will learn using filter on printing....

that is one technic I always use is solarise printing, which mean while u printed half way. of the light and put the paper in the developer, and than take out to expose sunlight for few second, then put into stopper n fixer, u will like the effect....
:D

Enjoy ur printing.....I miss it very much but since now no place & equipment to print liao.......:rbounce: :gbounce:

people ;) potrait shots, street shots etc...my pref is for older people or people on the job...

you never realise you wear what you're feeling on your face when you walk down the street

Will go through all of them.

Just a question, is the red light (safe light?) totally safe? As in, it will not affect the film? When can I use the light and when can't I?

What about colour film? If it isn't affected, then bulk rolling films would be almost effortless. :D

Originally posted by Zoomer
Will go through all of them.

Just a question, is the red light (safe light?) totally safe? As in, it will not affect the film? When can I use the light and when can't I?

What about colour film? If it isn't affected, then bulk rolling films would be almost effortless. :D

You shouldn't use the safe light when rolling films in the developing reel or into the film canister. you will need total darkness for that.

you should only use the safe light when doing printing, developing the prints. preferably, switch off the safe light when u dont really need it.

do some funny fx. like dipping a paint brush in the developer then just paint on the paper. or get those sparay bttles then spray the devloper from a distance. hehe gd luck. smell damn shiok.

Status
Not open for further replies.