TCW opens on sat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

damienster

Mar 13, 2005
will it open on sat? Opening hrs? thanks

The Camera Workshop? It definitely does open on Saturday... Duh!?....that's the best day where most custoemr would be enjoying their weekend shopping. heheh Closing time should be 7pm

thanks a million for ur info!!

Did try to buy some used accessory item from them after waiting 20 minutes to be served.
But the sale did not go through though price was quoted and the receipt already written and I was ready to pay.

Another staff interfered to make comments on the proposed sale.

It made the other two employees look bad:
1) as if they had under-quoted.
2) that they had no product knowledge.
3) that they did not know what they were doing.
4) one of them was forced by the situation to say that he did not notice the item was what it was and thought it was something else.
5) the other employee was forced by the situation to cancel the written receipt and to say he will check price and let me know.

After witnessing this episode (which I considered to be in bad taste), I backed off and said forget the deal.

Well, photography is only a hobby to me and frankly I can live without the whole hobby and all my camera equipment, not to mention the small accessory in question.

No big deal.

This is a shop with many employees, who have families to feed and bills to pay. Some need the job and it is a touchy situation if they are made to look bad to the boss (who was not present at the time) later on through the grapevine.

So I guess (if I observe correctly) there are strong under-currents of internal politics and jostling for position as to who is the more important or higher ranking employee. Or who is a blood relative to the owner, I guess.

And if an employee is made to look bad by others, then his job is at stake if the boss is looking to reduce overheads.

Generally speaking about any company in the world, probably power struggles are not confined to board rooms of large billion dollar corporations. It happens in small shops as well.

Did try to buy some used accessory item from them after waiting 20 minutes to be served.
But the sale did not go through though price was quoted and the receipt already written and I was ready to pay.

Another staff interfered to make comments on the proposed sale.

It made the other two employees look bad:
1) as if they had under-quoted.
2) that they had no product knowledge.
3) that they did not know what they were doing.
4) one of them was forced by the situation to say that he did not notice the item was what it was and thought it was something else.
5) the other employee was forced by the situation to cancel the written receipt and to say he will check price and let me know.

After witnessing this episode (which I considered to be in bad taste), I backed off and said forget the deal.

Well, photography is only a hobby to me and frankly I can live without the whole hobby and all my camera equipment, not to mention the small accessory in question.

No big deal.

This is a shop with many employees, who have families to feed and bills to pay. Some need the job and it is a touchy situation if they are made to look bad to the boss (who was not present at the time) later on through the grapevine.

So I guess (if I observe correctly) there are strong under-currents of internal politics and jostling for position as to who is the more important or higher ranking employee. Or who is a blood relative to the owner, I guess.

And if an employee is made to look bad by others, then his job is at stake if the boss is looking to reduce overheads.

Generally speaking about any company in the world, probably power struggles are not confined to board rooms of large billion dollar corporations. It happens in small shops as well.
huh? :dunno: what are you trying to say? so are they open on sat a not?

Lolllll

huh? :dunno: what are you trying to say? so are they open on sat a not?

ha. ha.:bsmilie:
just borrowing the thread for the shop. Otherwise Mod may say start so many threads unnecessarily.
of course they are open as the situation described happened on a Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.